Kenwood MusicKeg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

Anyone hear about this thing? It's like a CD changer, but it's a little data storage thing for MP3s.

Just overall opinion. I need to replace my head unit, and I kinda like the Kenwoods. I started looking at changers too and thought the Musickeg might be kinda cool.

I love kenwood for decks. I have had 3 of them. They sound really great. I would have bought another when my old one (3 years old when one rca stopped working), but I got a pioneer 8500-mp3 for 150 off a friend. How much does the musickeg hold.

I have owned a few. Make sure your head unit has lots of air behind it if you are using the built in amplifier. My last kenwood's power supply burned up, and ended up costing 70 to replace. The whole unit in general just ran really hot. I am a personal fan of Alpine decks w/BBE, and will never go back to kenwood again. As for the music keg, it's a cool idea, but unfortunately it is a brand specific item, and not swappable with not-kenwood units. My alpine has auxillary input RCA's, and I plan on just getting an iPod or something and hooking that up. It's a more flexible system than the music keg. If you can get a screamin deal on a keg though, I'd hit it.

You can score em on ebay for 200 all day long. It's a 10-gig unit.

I might go with the rca/ipod idea though. Depends on if I can get a better deck for a good price.

music kegs are great and actually are not even hard to install by people who dont know that much about car stereo instalation. If i had a kenwood deck i would have one so go for it.

Back