Kevlar Timing Belt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NoJokE

Any downsides to these, besides cost. Any slippage stories or anything.

what kind of power are you putting out
what kind of RPMs are you running

the stock honda belt is good enough untill you are heavily modded

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 14 2003, 02:58 PM
what kind of power are you putting out
what kind of RPMs are you running

the stock honda belt is good enough untill you are heavily modded

My motor is complete, a FULLY built B18C, prepped for high boost. It is not in my car yet cuz im getting all the little shit out of the way. But i hope to be making 350 to 400 whp. I won't rev past the 7800 with boost.

what belts are you looking at???
ive heard nothing but good about the Toda belts
power enterprise (i think thats the name) is supposed to be good too

Yeah, you got it right, the PE belt, there is also something called I think the alligator belt, some shit like that..I will try to post some more info on that later tonight.

Milan

Ok, here goes. This info is from Clubsi.com and I just copied and pasted different shit ok.....hope this helps

Info on Toda Belt:
I was just reading an article in honda tuning where they replaced a broken timing belt with a Toda one that cost $180. Now Toda claims the belt to be 200% stronger than the factory belt and keep timing truer at high rpm's but $180? The factory belt's are like $25 or so right? Does anyone have this belt or know anyone who does and is it worth that
-
IIRC, leo (itrownzjoo) said the Toda belt is nothing more than a Power Enterprise belt colored red rather than blue.

Info on Power Enterprise Belt:
IIRC, leo (itrownzjoo) said the Toda belt is nothing more than a Power Enterprise belt colored red rather than blue.
-
I’m using the PE belt and so far so good. The thing is strong!!! You can tell by just looking at it.
-
If you are running big cams, get a PE belt from Leo.
-
Agree with Scott. If you are using wild cams, use PE. I used to sell them, they are really good belts.
-
I got my PE belt from leo( www.jdmspecperf.com ). and it's useless. It's sits in box, in a bigger box, with other boxes, in my room. Useles....
-
http://www.jdmspecperf.com/products/produc...asp?type=pwrent
PE= Power Enterprise

Info on Gatorback:
get the Gatorback belts from Autozone, better than stock, cheaper than PE or Toda belts
-
Gatorback belt is not a bad belt but for big cams I don’t think it will hold up any better then a stock one. I used one for a summer and it did have sings of wear.

Info on OEM belt:
Stock is $60

Hope this helps some.

Milan

the PE belt is only $15 less ($165) so i guess it pretty much comes down to what color you like better ;)

Originally posted by JDMilan@May 15 2003, 12:28 AM
Hope that shit I posted helped????????????????? :unsure:

Oh well,

Milan

thats why i said thanks for the info :lol:

thumbs%20up.jpg

Back