key off and the car still runs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dark91zc

we just did a b16a swap in a friend 91 crx and i compared it to my other b16a swap on a 90 crx everything is the same but the 91 keeps running and you have to pull the dizzy power for the car to stop running. any clues on what went wrong????? all under dash wiring looks right

Quoted post[/post]]
we just did a b16a swap in a friend 91 crx and i compared it to my other b16a swap on a 90 crx everything is the same but the 91 keeps running and you have to pull the dizzy power for the car to stop running. any clues on what went wrong????? all under dash wiring looks right
do all the lights on the dash go out when you take the key out? if not then the ignition switch is bad. Not the key cylinder, the switch behind it.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
do all the lights on the dash go out when you take the key out? if not then the ignition switch is bad. Not the key cylinder, the switch behind it.
thanks

nope did not work :cry:

i think there are 2 constants running when the car is started

everything stays on, but when the car is off u can turn it to the on postion everything go on the turn it off and it will shut off

Quoted post[/post]]
everything stays on, but when the car is off u can turn it to the on postion everything go on the turn it off and it will shut off
ok, so you start the car, turn the key back and take it out and everything is still on? including the lights on the dash? if so, like I said earlier, it's the ignition switch. If you look under neath you'll see the switch that is held onto the key cylinder with 2 little screws(or bolts) 88-91 Civics and CRX's are notorious for this problem.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
ok, so you start the car, turn the key back and take it out and everything is still on? including the lights on the dash? if so, like I said earlier, it's the ignition switch. If you look under neath you'll see the switch that is held onto the key cylinder with 2 little screws(or bolts) 88-91 Civics and CRX's are notorious for this problem.
i already replaced it with the one i had just out on my other crx that was brand new only used a few times

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
i already replaced it with the one i had just out on my other crx that was brand new only used a few times
hmmm...that's weird. I was sure that was the problem. :blink: Sorry I can't be more of a help on this one.

on the passanger side chassis to engine bay harness there is a round cannon plug and a 8 pin rectanglur plug with a brown see thought cover does anything get swapped in there again???

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
on the passanger side chassis to engine bay harness there is a round cannon plug and a 8 pin rectanglur plug with a brown see thought cover does anything get swapped in there again???
no, nothing gets swap at all.
i just check with the igntion turned off i can take a tester to the back of it were the 5 wires go to it and three of them light up and when u turn it to the on postion all of them light up, all of them should not light up when its of right????? this plug is under the dash

Back