Keychain Breathalyzer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
anyone have one of these little devices?
I know they used to say not accurate, for personal use only, etc.

I just saw that they have come down in price a lot and thought it might come in handy.

Personal Breathalyzers - Alcohol Breath Tester

Digital Breathalyzers And Personal Alcohol Detectors For BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) Testing

and for all you apple blowers
4th one down currently sold out
Digital Breathalyzer - Alcohol Breath Testers -
iBreath-00.jpg

yeah but at the limit you are pretty much sober anyways.

and i was merely stating for the price the cheaper options work just as well... and you dont have to worry about wasting precious iphone battery life.

cabs aren't everywhere.... i think we have 2 in town..... and they don't operate at night.

basically, if you're feeling remotely anything from the alcohol, you're legally drunk.

Don't expect a breathalyzer keychain to work. Cool party toy, I'm sure, but I wouldn't expect it to be accurate beyond 0.05%

yeah i have to say anything that can assist you in determining if you can "legally" drive is kinda missing the point.

If you need to blow to determine it, just don't take the chance.

wtf is wrong with you guys?
you know drinking one beer can give you a .08 right?

so lets say you go out to have dinner and have a beer
a breathalyzer would be able to tell you if you should stay for coffee and dessert, or if you can hit the road

everyone is making this out to be some big bad shit to help people get away from the cops

I don't know about 1 beer doing it.

The most common estimate is 2-3 in an hour depending on your metabolism/weight.

I'd be more afraid of a situtation coming up similar to tucker max's story haha.

Like B said if your feeling loose, and you know when you are, then you shouldnt drive, bottom line. This little device would be fun with all your drunk friends though, see who could set the high score.

Has anyone ever actually blown a .08 in a real Breathalyzer machine?? Not a key chain or a novelty item, but an actual professional device? You're pretty well fucked up at .08 (limit in texas).

I used to install interlock devices, which allowed me access to a $4500 Breathalyzer machine for calibration purposes... Of course, I tested it out! I figured I was pretty well buzzed, certainly feeling it, and blew a .05. I wouldn't have driven at that point, but I could have, legally.. I drank several more beers and did finally hit .08, and I was drunk. Not falling down slurring drunk, but way too jacked up to attempt driving in my opinion. It was well beyond any point that could be considered "lightly buzzed"

Of course, I weighed 250+ at that point, so it did take a good bit of beer to get me there.. But yeah, .08 is not a stop and think about it, could I be kinda tingly buzzed feeling. Its drunk.

I also fooled around with the machine long enough to find a bullet proof way to fool the machine into reading way lower than you are, consistently. I was blowing .04-.05 at and actual .11. Alas, I'm not going to give out the details of how to do it, because that would only encourage drunk driving, and that is one thing I am not fond of. I'm not going to help anyone dodge that bullet.

Back