keyless entry problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PUREKDM

i just bought a 94 gs-r and it has power doors and windows and all that jazz but it only came with ONE key and no remote...i had a 97 gs-r and it had a remote...should it have a keyless entry system instaled from the factory but no remote? can i just go to an acura dealer and get a new one? (gf has an 02 rsx and she did just that but paid $80) any alternatives? thanks in advance!

that was not a standard feature on all cars it was an option. it is a possibility that it has it but you would have to take it to a dealer to find it out. to be quite honest it would be not much more expensive to go and get an aftermarket alarm installed. if it is about 80 for the factory transmitter then an alarm is usualy about 100 to 125 for a decent alarm installed. if it were me i would just go that route due to the high theft of those cars.

thanks a lot, my friend spent $500 and got an alarm instaled with an auto start and clutch bypass...i'm thinkin that is a good deal? but i guess my first step would be to go to an acura dealer and find out? it just wasn't cool when my friend squeezed his hand through the window, unlocked the car, opened it and commented "sweet alarm"...this is pretty high on my priority list...

one more odd thing..... as i type this i'm putting insurance on the car, the vin number is telling the girl it's a 95 but the registration and title say its a 94...is this a problem? (vin on the car matches title)

no it is probably a model 95 but was built in late 94 almost all car companies do this

Back