Keyless Entry

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrutalB83

Brutal Moderator
VIP
Does anybody have any recommendations for a decent keyless entry system? I'm looking for brand names. I don't want to spend a shitload of money, just want a nice basic keyless entry for my Teg. I've had Bulldog stuff in the past and wasn't all that impressed with it, so I just wanted to get some suggestions from the guys who are into the electronics stuff. Thanks.

LOL why waste money...
if u already have central locking and a key controller u can always use your innovation and create keyless entry...

Take a coin, the same size as the Keyhole on the door handle, cover the keyhole up with the coin/washer (something similar) then use varying types of putty to layer the coin and handle...until it is hard like metal, then sand the finish and re-spray the handle, No one at all will ever know whether the handle is made that way or cleverly changed, alot cheaper than a how system and just as secure for the only way through the handle is a drillbit and no matter what system u get a drill will go through it.

i suggest

Coin/thin metal circle (aluminium or something that wont rust)
putty 3-4 types of different strengths...

its a cheap way, very and can be replicated over and over... and BTW this idea is my original you wont find it in a book

Dude...what are you talking about?? Did you not read my post all the way through??

The car DOES NOT HAVE KEYLESS ENTRY RIGHT NOW (or "central locking and key controller" as you called it); Why would I want to plaster over my key holes? Then I wouldn't be able to get in the car! I'm not talking about covering up my key holes here; I'm saying that I want to get a nice keyless entry system installed on my car. That's why I posted this in the "electronics" forum, and not the "exterior/body modifications" forum.

I was looking for advice on which brands are better than others. Like I said, I had a Bulldog brand system on my last car and I wasn't too impressed with it. The remote control quit working after a while. I was hoping some of the guys that are into the car electronics stuff could throw out same good brand names for me.

Thanks anyway for your answer though, it sounds like an interesting idea for shaving your key holes, although it'd probably be easier to just swap out the door handles with ones from the back doors of a sedan rather than going through the trouble of all that body work and painting.

Last edited:
ill admit i was probably tired, which is why i said IF...
ill check some brands, mine works fine but i forgot the type. apologies haha

Hey, I put keyless entry in my CRX. I got a cheap alarm system form eBay (Option Group i think). It has keyless entry built into the system. All you have to do is get 2 relays and 2 power door lock systems (look like toy guns with tie rod boots on them. lol) and some extra wire. If you are good at wiring, it'll be a sinch. Just follow the diagram that comes with the alarm. MAKE SURE YOU DO A GOOD JOB ON THE WIRING. I just rushed thorough mine and used cheap butt connectors. P-side wire for the door lock got loose and had to recrimp it with some good butt connectors. Get something to wrap around the wires to prevent chaffing. good luck! BTW, even though the eBay brand was cheap, it still works to this day (2yrs +). If you want to, it can be wired up to be a kill switch. When the key gets put into the start position (even though they may have disconnected the siren) the lights will flash and the starter will be disengaged. My crx was almost stolen, but that alarm saved my ass. I woke up in the morning one day and there was a hanger next to my d-side door and i looked under my hood and my siren was disconnected, but they couldn't get anywhere cuz the killswtich in the alarm killed everything. If someone tampered with it while you were gone, the # of chirps when you turn off the alarm will change 3 for alarm went off and 5 for someone attempted to start it.

Last edited:
VIPER!!!! I sell it at my store for $149.99 installed. it comes with 2 remotes, and lifetime warranty on both the productand labor. I will not put anything but a viper product on any of my cars.

Whoa! My dead thread came back! SWEET! :D

Anyways, thanks for the info guys, I will look into a Viper system.

Back