Keyless ignition on a manual

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

did you actually read that?

Automatic hydrolic clutch depression*

* Shoe for automatic clutch depression not included. Needs size 11 Nike or Adidas shoe.

yeah, it seems that the shoe would get in the way and make it hard to shift, but the other alarms on that page have good features too. One can give your car vtec too. Kinda nice and you wouldn't have to do a swap.

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Nov 5 2004, 11:05 AM
You can get modules for house/office alarms and stuch that when you type the right code, it will make a connection, but timing for this is going to suck. I don't know how you're going to get the circuit closed long enough for your motor to start. I'm sure its been done out there somewhere.
[post=412495]Quoted post[/post]​

i didnt plan on doing it i was just curious to how much work it might take. maybe ill do it when i run out of ideas, but im thousands of dollars away from that.

could tie that technology in with s2000 starter button and when u press the button it closes the circuit! just a thought (all depends on wiring )

that would be ricey, and pointless. In that aspect, you could just 1. install a 'start' button, or 2. get a regular remote start with a button.

Originally posted by civicious@Nov 5 2004, 04:18 PM
that would be ricey, and pointless. In that aspect, you could just 1. install a 'start' button, or 2. get a regular remote start with a button.
[post=412681]Quoted post[/post]​

but in the last phrase about theyre talking in the terms of securing it .. ricey.. depends whats under the hood and what you have to protect, but best protection is a garage in a nice neighborhood

if it didnt come with it, then it is stupid. Unless of course you've built a mad tite Drag car and dont have a use for the Key and its ignition.

but best protection is a garage in a nice neighborhood

people go to nice neighborhoods to steal. best protection for your car is a few hundred volts conetcted to the door handle. when alarm is armed you fry the fucker tryin to steal you ride.(ill let you know when ive caught someone :D)

ummm...b16's and turbos didnt come with any honda(in the US)..but people still slap them on,and in their cars..so u wanna call that ricey too??

i hate people who throw the term rice around like they arent a ricer at all...if u have any type of pointless item on or in your car..but it just has a nice ring to it...then thats rice too...so go the hell on with that...only person ill respect that constantly talks about "Rice" is someone who does 10's or 9's in the QM with a honda...does anyone on this site do that???? no..so shut up,and stop judging people.

You are a fucking idiot. There's a HUGE difference between a turbo and a start button. Refer to my sig, and tell me what's pointless.

you leave the car in gear and start it it will run into any object/ car/ person/
ITS 110% ILLEGAL
[post=412424]Quoted post[/post]​
it will not start unless you press the clutch in!

If you leave the car in gear with ANY sort of remot start, it's gonna run into something. Show me a remote start system that holds the clutch in for you, and I'll show you a picture of a donkey assraping a tortoise.
[post=412497]Quoted post[/post]​

the don't hold it ii the don't allow the car to start if it is in any gear!

you leave the car in gear and start it it will run into any object/ car/ person/
ITS 110% ILLEGAL
[post=412424]Quoted post[/post]​

That's why God invented the Ebrake.

CAR WILL STILL MOVE FORWARD A REMOTE START WILL TRY UP TO 5 TIMES TO START THE CAR BEFORE IT GIVES UP IN THAT TIME IT GONE 10 FT AND YOU NOW LIABLE FOR ALL THE DAMAGE. AND NO YOUR INSURANCE WILL NOT COVER IT

How the hell is your car going to "roll ten feet" with the Ebrake engaged? Is your ebrake really that fucked up that it doesn't do anything for you anyway?

Put the ebrake up, leave the car in neutral, instead of going outside in 10 degree weather, hit a button from your house and your car starts and warms up so you're not freezing to death in the first 10 minutes of driving to work.

Your car will NOT roll 10 feet if you hit the button and the car is in gear. It'll kick it MAYBE two inches and stall the car.

I'm thinking about big red start button in my car. If you're racing and you kill your motor due to off track or spin out, turning the key is a bitch. A button would make things a little easier. I would still leave the key in, but just add a button for start. Rice or not, it would help in a racing situation.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Nov 6 2004, 10:40 PM
no it will move cause even if it stall the starter will keep tring to move it
[post=413235]Quoted post[/post]​

The starter is not going to overpower your ebrake.

yai in a rear drum car if you don't pull it hard enough it will move the car all it takes is 6" in a parking lot

Back