1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

khumo recall

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by pissedoffsol, Apr 6, 2004.

1. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

that is pretty big, and a great deal if you have some that are EXTREMLY worn out.

Please recall potenza s03 pole positions.

3. cycloneb18c3

cycloneb18c3 Senior Member

anyone with them tires go out an do a huge smokey burnout and post the pics of it on here, and send the tires back and get new ones...

4. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

5. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

shaving is when they shave off the top layer of tread for 2 reasons, one is weight reduction. Several pounds can be loosed at the most vital part of the wheel/tire combo, the point furthest from the center (reducing rotational Inertia)

The second is the top layer in tires sometime is slightly harder then if you brake the tires in. This brakes them in so to speak.

Heat cycling is a process of mounting the wheels on rollers, spinning them until they get hot, then letting them cool. This makes the particles expand, then as they cool, pack tightly togther causing a tire that will have longer life.

If you want some real good info on these two processes, go onto tireracks site, and in the compition section, they have articles about them.

6. La_Pieuvre

La_Pieuvre Senior Member

I kinda wish they would recall the Ecsta 712s as well... Mine are getting kind of bald in the inside due to my fucked camber :p

but at $60 a pop, I can't really complain.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted