kicking the kitchen up a few degrees

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
gallery_3_9_29182.jpg

gallery_3_9_53436.jpg

Calphalon commercial hard anodized set.

Mmmmmm

Ive been cooking for about 10 years now. Since moving I've spent some good money on my basic kitchen tools I tend to stick with SS sets from tea/tbs spoons to measuring cups, I also have some kick butt SS spatulas =)

My parents have this same pot set, they are IMO one of the better "cheaper" sets you can get.

I was debating on buying one of the sets I've had my eyes on for a few years now but I cant find it in myself to spend $550+ on 7 pots.

So I got this top of the cheap line set, for the time being.

Anywho, I can't wait to cook with them =) woot woot!

those are pretty bad ass. i have a wok from target (kitchen essentials) that i've used for a year or so and i love it. it's not the cheap ass set, but it IS still from target, it cost me about 70 bucks, but it was well worth it.

i'm wanting the rest of the skillets, pots, and pans... with the glass lids. they're friggin nice for not being the top notch things... it's nice to see an avid cooker in here... i enjoy the culinary arts...

that's a pretty nice set there. :)

now they should call you 'cheffie7' huh. lol

EDIT: i just noticed... my mom has that same range, but gas cooktops. :) she loves it. i can't wait to upgrade from electric and ancient... which is what i have now.

2 years ago my parents bought me a big Calphalon wok style cooking pot. It's big enough to fit a large chicken in. WITH lid on.

She fell in love with the pot and when I moved out I told her she could keep it and I would just buy another one and have her pay me back. sure enough I found the pot and it was $149.99 OUCH! so I told her never mind I'm just going to buy a full set and you can put the 149.99 towards the set.

img12l.jpg

MMmmmmm

Mauviel cook wear set. take a guess on what this 8 piece set cost.

For Xmas my dad bought me this set of pots and pans...

3010258727_XL.jpg

Anolon Titanium... OMG... BEST POTS & PANS EVER! Nothing EVER sticks to them, they cook GREAT, dont scratch, and are just AMAZING... Kinda heavy, but REALLY thick and heavy duty... I don't think i'll ever buy another set of pots and pans... Unless i go copper or SS...

But its funny... My wife read about the "teflon scare" thats going on now, and started panicking saying OMG OMG OMG... I was like "babe... we're good.. We got Anolon!" :)

cooking owns me. I burn rice, spaghetti, try to make a well done burger and it comes out rare.

I'll learn after I move out.

i got some cheap "Tools of the Trade" ones from Macys. not as nice as my moms Belgique and not near as nice as calphalon but what ever....... my Cutco Knives and Sub-Zero Fridge are on my list before Calphalon.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Jul 9 2005, 03:08 AM
i got some cheap "Tools of the Trade" ones from Macys. not as nice as my moms Belgique and not near as nice as calphalon but what ever....... my Cutco Knives and Sub-Zero Fridge are on my list before Calphalon.
[post=523079]Quoted post[/post]​

my girlfriend used to work for cut-co. We use her "show-off" set now for the kitchen. The best knives ever!!! I even used the "carving" knife to wire up a car when I ran out of razor blades lol

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Jul 9 2005, 05:38 AM-->
Smonkeyboy
@Jul 9 2005, 03:08 AM
[post=523079]Quoted post[/post]​

my girlfriend used to work for cut-co. We use her "show-off" set now for the kitchen. The best knives ever!!! I even used the "carving" knife to wire up a car when I ran out of razor blades lol
[post=523092]Quoted post[/post]​

I've never been a big fan of Cut-co knifes. I've used them before and... Meh.

I'll stick with my JA Henckels.

Back