1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kill my landlord..

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Celerity, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Why are landlords such assholes when it comes to animals ? Get this:

I found a nice apartment. Garage, 2 big bedrooms, finished basement, $50 more than the other apartments. Nice walls, fireplace, washer and dryer - included. Even a hair salon in the basement (Yeah, shut up.. I didn't put it there)

Conditions: I have two cats. Cats, mind you. Not leopards, not Ocelots, just regular house cats. Why are landlords so skeeved out about them ? I have to pay an extra $250 deposit, $50 a month ($25 x 2) AND I have to pay to have them mutilated so these mudducks don't have to risk their precious door jambs.

Another condition, I can only have one car per person. That's her car, and one of mine. We each own 2 cars. She wants to simply ditch her MR2 so we can get this place.

I'm ready to hit the damned roof.

-> Steve

2. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

:hums Let's Lynch the Landlord:...

3. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

because after you move out, the landlord will end up having to clean the carpets nad floors after your cats piss and shit all over the place, and believe me, they will...eventually.

I had to pay a 335 deposit and my landlord doesn't even allow animals.

4. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

Lemme call Vinnie an' da boys... he'll change 'is mind... with enough convincin'.

5. allbottledup

allbottledup Senior Member

thats how it is down here. Some places charge even more than that for animals. But i know as well as you that almost 95% of house cats are trained to use there kitty litter. Its just a way to make some extra money for those other people who have untrained animals. Even though you pay that extra deposit and that money each month, if that cats screws something up your still gonna get stuck paying for it.

6. Celerity

That's what Referrences are for, which have already been submitted and called upon. Talked to previous landlords who all had the same thing to say "He treats the cats better than most people treat their kids"

My cats and my history should speak for itself. And it does. They just don't give a shit.

-> Steve

7. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

It's pretty standard to pay a pet deposit and pet rent. It sucks, especially if you have well-behaved animals, but it can be warranted based on a landlord's previous experiences.

However, I would fight to no end against having them declawed. It's inhumane and unnecessary. Either don't get them declawed and tell him you did, or get those "Soft Paws" nail covers and have them applied every month or however often they need to.

8. Airjockie

Airjockie Watanabe Whore!!!

I'm sure I can find a spot at my place for the CRX and the MR2...

;)

9. Airjockie

and also...when the wife can move up and about...we will be looking at house's with a passion...so I'll look for a place that will have plenty of room for more cars...only exception...no junkers..unless it's there for a week to strip and thats it.

10. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

Not to be picky and whatnot, but I just realized that in teh description you put "Cee Eye Ell Ell". Uh... "cee" would be a "C" sound... wouldn't it? I mean, if you're trying to cill the landlord, that's great and all... :p

11. Celerity

"Kill mah landlord..

C
    I
    L
    L
    My land LORD"

It's a Howard Stern quote from long ago. (Say it with a Ghetto voice)

-> Steve

Yeah, I have no problem protecting their interests, and putting some money down.. but I thought declawing was something that was quick and easy. I didn't know that it is amputating the first section of each front digit. That's sick.

12. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

Ahhhh... that's ok if its from Howard Stern... oh, and...

OH MY GOD!! That's wrong. There's no reason to mutilate an animal just because some of them claw things. Do you see people amputating kids' fingers because they grow fingernails?? No?? Gee I wonder why?!

13. Airjockie

Just keep looking around...I'm sure you can find a place thats better anyways.....

14. tab

tab Super Moderator

You answered your own question Steve. They are assholes and charge more, because they can. If no one paid that amount, then this wouldn't be an issue.

I have two cats. I mutilated their little paws when they were kinda young. They were climbing my drapes like Tarzan on crack. My drapes were literally shredded from the outside(window side) inward. They didn't "sharpen" on anything but the posts and pads that I bought, but they were shredding everything in sight. I provide for their protection, and they are inside cats. I don't think this should be a requirement for rent if the deposit is high enough to cover possible damage. My cats proved themselves damage worthy, and were dealt with accordingly. Not every cat will do this. Luckily, my cats don't piss anywhere in my house but the box. There's nothing to cut off. :lol:

15. The WORLD is yours...

The WORLD is yours... Senior Member

when we was looking for an apt.(up here in Maine!). we found several apts. that said: "no pets and no kids!!" and our daughter was a yr old at the time!! i actually called one of the apts. up to get a reason why for no kids!!!
    the guy said: "kids are worse the pets. when it comes to tearing up an apt.!!"
    and of course i contest'd the fact. but the guy didn't want to here it.

16. lowandslow

lowandslow Senior Member

17. The WORLD is yours...

The WORLD is yours... Senior Member

Newport. where are you?

18. lowandslow

lowandslow Senior Member

im in madison, newport isnt far at all..like 45 minutes to an hour
    cool shit

19. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

20. Celerity

That's F'ed up. You know, even if you think kids are destructive, and not your speed - There is no reason to say that to a parent.

I've got my reservations about the place. And tomorrow, I'm going to complain. I'll accept their terms, because even still it's not too bad (The cost and their demands) But if they say something stupid like "We aren't going to allow you without cat licences" (Because Cat licences don't exist) then I'll kick him in the throat and take his wallet.

What I'm worried about, is that when I Give him the deposit, and he gets the slightest bit fishy down the road (We walks int he house and finds cat hair on the floor) that he'll evict me and take all of my security deposit. There is about $2000 in security to lose here.

So if his attitude towards cat doesn't improve (And I have no reason to believe it will) I could end up seriously screwed. In which case, I'll be forced to kill him and his family.

Because $2000 is about my asking price for a hit.

-> Steve

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted