Kill switch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
Hey guys whats up. I have been reading alot about stolen hondas everywhere now a days. My car is not swapped out nore is it worth stealing but it is all i have for transportation so i would like to keep it as long as i can. I have read probably in like december of last year an article maybe in HS or maybe not... but the article was about kill swithes. And how you can wire a switch into your gas supply or something electrical to help the car from not starting. But i have an alarm dont get me wrong but an alarm is not gonna stop a theif. Beleive me i know. But i was wondering if anyone could post a link on how to wire a kill switch and maybe some possible switch points to use. I know msd has a funcution like this on their ignition set ups but i dont want msd just for that, But how would you wire this up is it simple and could i mess my car up if i do it wrong? Also how could i wire something simple like... my turn signal or cigarette lighter or even a stock cruise contol switch to be activated before you start the car. I dont have cruise control... it was taken out but i have a switch. And yes i have searched for a while now and i have come to you guys for help. TIA

I have a hidden switch in my car that have hooked up to the fuel pump, so that the fuel pump will not work at all, unless the swich is flipped. Just make sure you place the switch somewhere where you will not accidently bump it while driving.

basically, you can wire them to anything electrical that prevents the car from starting, such as that guy said, the fuel pump, i've been meaning to wire one or two, but im just lazy and take my ecu/hondata with me when i park sketchy places, or unhook the starter wire. . . .

Sorry to seem like a novice but i am when it comes to electrical stuff. How would i wire in a switch to the fuel pump. And can i use my cruise control switch or just any toggle switch. I would prefer to use the cruise control switch. And thanks for the feedback and keep it coming.

Back