killed my car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tylonalsnifnfool

Last Sunday i was driveing down the road and out of no where a deer just jumped out in front of my car. Needless to say my car is F-U-C-K-E-D up. But since i have kick ass insurance i got 1,777.03 and all that is really damaged is one projector headlight,corner lens,fender, and hood. This is not as bad of a situation as is sounds since i do body work and the car was going into the shop for a paintjob and repair of previous damage. Looks like i found my funding for that buddy club kit i wanted :) I'll post some pics in the future.

makes me wanna go out and do some insurance fraud kinda bullshit, no but really 1700 dollars for hittin a deer is a shit load of money. I hit a dog a while back and they laughed at me. I had a fucked up hood and the bumper cover was practically cracked in half.

I almost hit a deer in the Sunfire today, came within about 5 feet. Would have been nasty with just liability insurance :blink:

back in 1999 when i had bought my 97 Civic EX coupe, i hit a deer 3 weeks after i bought it. was coming home at night during the summer and it ran right out in front of me. i hit the deer which flew up into the air and my car skidded like 50 feet before it came to a stop. i was hoping the deer wasnt gonna land on my roof or that would have sucked but luckily it didnt. i got out the car, looked at how bad my car was fuct up, notice steam coming out of radiator and was like :eek: . ran over to the deer, which died on impact (was a fawn) and told it "thats what you get for running out in front of me". no lie either. drove home which was less than 5 minutes down the street, woke up my dad and we went up to look at the deer again and moved it to the side of the road...talk about gross! anyways, that little bastard did $1500 worth of damage to my car. i had to get a new hood, new radiator and i think thats it. my grandfather did all the work for me and i ended up pocketing about $200 :)

stupid deer :angry:

was it bloody? when i hit a deer whit my quad that shit was bloody, i mean me bleeding and the deer 120 feet from me in peices. Yea I got owned by a deer as well as the quad (it fell down a 19 ft cliff)

i am roaming the backroads where i live at night looking for a deer who wants to buy me a front end conversion......

nothing stupid, i want an EG coupe front end on my Sol... so if you know of anyone wantng del sol front end parts... hit me up... LOL

When my girlfriend knocked the shit out of a deer in her Accord. The damn thing literally shit all over itself and her car...lol...

Good insurance for car/deer collisions rock...I hit one two years ago in my 93 hatch. My insurance paid me $2,600. Thanks to them (and Bambi), my car sports CF fenders, CF hood, a Wings West big mouth front bumper cover and projectors.

I hit a deer carcass with my 1987 Si CRX a few months ago, and it really f*cked me up. I was going at a decent speed, swerved to avoid a live deer (with success) took a sip of my coffee and BAM!

The problem with running over a large deer with a lowered car is that your braking ability ends. I was teetering on the carcass while surfing it's bloody mass down the hill. Took about 100 feet to stop, and I had no control during the slide. The motor shut off (I thought for sure I took of my oil pan)

It was at night, and I had no flashlight. The pool of fluids leaking under the car made me call the police, and ask for a flightlight to inspect the damage. No fluid loss, and the car ran fine. The front mask was tweeked upwards slightly (I can't adjust the headlights now) and the paint was cracked at the bumper mount points.

When the cop arrived, the deer was a mess. Most of it's side got grated away on the pavement, and it's open, steaming corpse was there to greet us. We each grabbed a leg to pull it off the road, but the officer's leg pulled off. He called a firetruck to hose the road down because it was slick with guts and gore.

Resulting Damage: Radiator and radiator mount was pushed into the engine. Now I have to redesign the radiator support to hold the Corvette radiator and spare some more room for a B swap.

-> Steve

Originally posted by DarkHand@Nov 19 2003, 01:14 PM
I almost hit a deer in the Sunfire today

How would that have been a bad thing? :p

Celerity...you described that with such...accurate gor-age that I could actually see myself doing it as the leg came off... haha

Poor CRX though. :(

I have yet to hit a deer...but I don't really drive around the backroads a lot anymore.

Well on my way down to florida in september on i-95 I think I was in South Carolina I was cruisin at around 90 mph, when A whole shit load of deer just started runnin accross the road, My dumbass slammed on the brakes and almost lost control. To be honest with you after 12 hours of driving alone, (and no sleep the night before) it could have been me buggin out, casue later that night I also saw a big tractor trailor split in half (literally). There was mad cops around and I just drove through the single lane i-95 at 80 mph.

Last year a guy in a red 94 honda civic hatch hit a fuk'n horse goning about 60mph the car got totaled after that, the car was practicly a convertible. he ended getting stiches and some places.

There is just something about headlights that make deer want to jump out in front of you. I have hit deer six different times and had many close calls...only once did I have a close call during the day.

Me and my friend were heading to my house one night. He was in his 92 240sx and I was in my dads 328i. Well a light turned red and we line up because being dumbass kids and 12 at night, we're gonna race. Light changes and he keeps up in first but then I'm gone and I see a white car pulled over to the right as I'm passing in the right lane. I continue and slow down around the curve and realize my friend is no longer w/ me. Turn around and his 240 is on the median facing the other direction. :unsure: Turns out the white car I saw on the right side had just hit a deer and my friend pulled a 180 swerving out of the way and was almost on the other side of the street. :ph34r: Haha, fucking deer own cars all the time. :fuckyou2:

I can't possibly describe the scene of carnage at the scene of my hit. I was walking around the dark road slipping and sliding in the chunks. And it was everywhere. When we pulled the carcass (and the leg came off with this sickening crinkling sound of wet meat) I saw that the puddle in the road was also moving (it was dark). That was all the entrails and intestinal tract that spread down the road about 10 feet. The area smelled bad.

It was gorey.

-> Steve

im seriously thinkin gabout getting some of those ghetto deer whistle things and hidnig them in my bumper just in the airflow

Back