Kind of a weird question about cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohcvtec_accord

WRX Sellout
OK, does anyone have any hard proof (a link or something else that isn't "I heard that....") that Honda uses shitty cams in their auto tranny engines? Not only have I heard it numerous times here, but the guys that I ordered my H22 from back in the day told me this as well.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Good question dohcvtec, I have been "hearing" this for years as well and would like to know how much truth stands behind it.

Peace*

I know the automatic VTEC motors a tuned down in japan, as in the ECU, not sure the cam profile though, I doubt they would make a cam just for the auto but then again the SiR2 motors do have a more aggressive cam profile than the first gen's.

You cannot trust part numbers from acuraautomotiveparts.org, take a look at the part number for the 2001 Integra LS cams and then at the 2001 ITR cams. They have them listed as the same cam. That isn't proof.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Nov 4 2003, 03:12 PM
You cannot trust part numbers from acuraautomotiveparts.org, take a look at the part number for the 2001 Integra LS cams and then at the 2001 ITR cams. They have them listed as the same cam. That isn't proof.

damn, i didnt even check that out...thanks for the correction

So there is no proof yet...

No problem, I ran into that when I built my LSVTEC. I ordered 2001 ITR cams (I couldn't beat $210 a cam) and they sent me LS cams. It turned out that the ITR parts page was using the LS parts list. They eventually honored that price but it looks as if they are using the ITR parts lis for the LS now as a "fix".

Yeah, maybe it's a JDM vs. USDM thing, but as lsvtec said, you can't trust hondaautomotiveparts.com/acuraautomotiveparts.org. I actually already checked that site, and they do indeed list their cams the same.

Back