kiss your 4th amendment goodbye

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

"apartments and condos."

no mention of houses.

it's because some asshole in the building ratted someone out because they were smoking and it smelled up their apartment. So, rather than closing the fucking window, they passed a city ordinance.

people need to get jobs that take up time so they don't have time to meddle in this stupid nonesense.

It did mention single family houses.

Warren Lieberman, who voted against the ordinance, wasn't prepared to make the bad habits of apartment dwellers illegal, while it remains perfectly fine to smoke if you own your own single-family house in Belmont.

for now

I did not speak ...

First they came for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up,
because I wasn't a Communist,
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up,
because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the workers,
members of the trade unions;
I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up,
because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one
left ...

From WWII

for now

I did not speak ...

First they came for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up,
because I wasn't a Communist,
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up,
because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the workers,
members of the trade unions;
I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up,
because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one
left ...

From WWII

And the wheel keeps turning. Go ahead and ban guns, I don't hunt. Go ahead and ban smoking, I don't smoke. On and on it goes, but again just like WWII no one will see what is comming untill it is to late.

It will end when they try and take guns. Conservatives/Gun rights advocates will declare war and liberals will do what they do best. Retreat and surrender

so they're saving us from ourselves .. well, not me.. not a smoker.. but.. since its CA, cant we sue them for saving us when we didnt want to be saved.. :shrug2: .. everyone else does it

lol.
we can say that their attempt at "saving us" left us crippled.

i just want to know how the liberals will fight back if they have no guns? :)

reminds me of that family guy y2k episode where they are on the search for the twinkee factory. haha

i just want to know how the liberals will fight back if they have no guns? :)

reminds me of that family guy y2k episode where they are on the search for the twinkee factory. haha

yeah, how are they gonna fight back against thousands of octopus stewies?

if you are familiar with the Battle of Thermopylae (the movie 300 was based on a comic book about that battle) when the Spartan army (led by King Leonidas) facing the Persian army (led by Xerxes) was told, by Xerxes, to lay down their weapons and surrender, it is said that King Leonidas replied "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!!" ("Come and take them!!!")

essentially it was the first version of "I'll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands!"

Molon labe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject... want to take them? come get them... one of us will not be walking away though

Last edited:
I have to get a gun before they arrest me for thinking about owning a gun.

As for smoking, until a complaint was filed, my local bar owner didn't care about the law, he let anyone smoke in his bar. I remember one night (probably the night that sparked the complaint) everybody was smoking. Hell, the place had ashtrays out for everyone. One chick made a very bitchy comment about the smoke. Frankie(the owner) told her, "Well light one up so you're breathing threw a filter. If not then you also reserve the right to shut the fuck up, or get the fuck out."

Imagine that, a business owner enforcing his own rules in his place of business. How dare he...

I have to get a gun before they arrest me for thinking about owning a gun.

As for smoking, until a complaint was filed, my local bar owner didn't care about the law, he let anyone smoke in his bar. I remember one night (probably the night that sparked the complaint) everybody was smoking. Hell, the place had ashtrays out for everyone. One chick made a very bitchy comment about the smoke. Frankie(the owner) told her, "Well light one up so you're breathing threw a filter. If not then you also reserve the right to shut the fuck up, or get the fuck out."

Imagine that, a business owner enforcing his own rules in his place of business. How dare he...
my whole point, thank you!

Kind of like how all cigarettes are now "fireproof". Damn things don't stay lit for long. They put that into effect because of the maybe 1000 people who burn their house or w/e down and die every year.

The government doesn't care about YOU. It cares about the few dollars in tax revenue you give them every year. It doesn't matter if it will end up costing other people/companies more money just to save a few people that probably deserved to die for their stupidity. They aren't saving lives, they are saving dollars.

Back