klyph's 600 dollar hoopty

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

And, nobody gives a shit :lol:

Fine, I'll go work on the '78 again, geez.

any plans on the radiator fan? I have a similar problem (diffrent car), and was concidering wirirng the fan to be running whenever the car is.

any plans on the radiator fan? I have a similar problem (diffrent car), and was concidering wirirng the fan to be running whenever the car is.
From what I understand, the fan is controlled by a temp. sender on the bottom of the radiator. At a certain temp, it closes the circuit to the fan relay, which powers on the fan. So, it's either a bad temp sender, relay, or the wiring is fucked. The latter being the most prevalent on this particular car.

glad to hear its up and running klyph :)
Yup yup! Nearest axle seals are 600 miles away :(

So, idle is still having problems. It's better, but it still bogs and dies at random. Sometimes it does fine, then it will decide to be a bitch. I'm gonna clean the EACV and replace the temp sender in the head, see if that does anything. I'm also looking for an unmolested engine harness, just to eliminate some of the gremlins and give me peace of mind.

Back