klyph's new house (maybe)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

klyph

Dismember
VIP
After work today me and the family went to check out a house that I'm pretty sure I will buy. On with the pictars!
DSC02196.jpg

Here is the view from the road. It is decently secluded and a very low traffic road.
DSC02195.jpg

This is from the driveway. Front of house.
DSC02197.jpg

Around the side. These are the owner/builders of this house.
DSC02198.jpg

Here is the back of the house. I already have plans of building a huge deck off this wall :D
DSC02199.jpg

This post-on-pad type of foundation is very common in Alaska.
DSC02200.jpg

Here is the other side where the above ground fuel tank is. I'll probably eventually bury it, since it's a bit of an eyesore.
DSC02201.jpg

Garage goes here! lol
Here is a view of the small back yard they cleared. The property is just over an acre, so it extends about 100 feet past the yard into the trees.
DSC02180.jpg

This is the view just inside the door. Their's not much of a living room, this house is tiny.
DSC02182.jpg

Kitchen, duh.
DSC02194.jpg

This leads back to the bedroom on the left, bathroom on right.
DSC02189.jpg

Bedroom.
DSC02190.jpg

DSC02192.jpg

Bathroom, again, duh.
DSC02183.jpg

Up the stairs we go.
DSC02184.jpg

Where the Master Bedroom is.
DSC02185.jpg

Nice Closet. The GF loved that part.
DSC02186.jpg

DSC02187.jpg

Here's a few view looking down from the master bedroom.

Thanks for looking, I'm going to put in an offer tonight: $150K (It's for sale by owner, so no broker fees YAY!)

Let me know what you home connoisseurs think, all opinions/suggestions/questions welcome.

i like it, the chick with the red shirt dont look bad either ;)

weird....
looks like a shed. seriously. a huge shed. lol we don't have anything liek that around here. whats the style called?

electric panel in the bedroom FTL

kitchen and hall look nice

weird....
looks like a shed. seriously. a huge shed. lol we don't have anything liek that around here. whats the style called?
it's a type of A-frame. it keeps all the snow and debris from piling up on the roof and caving in.

weird....
I have no clue. You might be right, Shed-style home?
electric panel in the bedroom FTL
That will be the baby's room :D Hopefully she doesn't electrocute herself.
kitchen and hall look nice
Hell yeah,

it's a type of A-frame. it keeps all the snow and debris from piling up on the roof and caving in.
Sounds good to me ;)

I just put the offer in for $145 and I'm pretty sure I'll get it. I think it will make a great starter home. Make some additions/upgrades and then move on to bigger/better things after a few years. I'm pretty excited :D:D:D:eek::D:D:D

I just put the offer in for $145 and I'm pretty sure I'll get it. I think it will make a great starter home. Make some additions/upgrades and then move on to bigger/better things after a few years. I'm pretty excited :D:D:D:eek::D:D:D

It looks so small from the outside yet on the inside seems big. =)

1 acre FTW, 1 acre for $145.00 FTMFW I need to move up there! :ph34r:

Ya, for a couple hundred more, you could have a palace :D

i really like that place
i would need a few more or just bigger windows...but in alaska im sure keeping the place warm is more important than seeing outside :)

hope the place works out for ya

Move to texas. $145k will buy you a three bedroom home on 10 acres.

That place does look tiny, but they've got it laid out incredibly well. Looks very clean!

Move to texas. $145k will buy you a three bedroom home on 10 acres.

It used to be like that up here, but they upgraded all the military bases and recently added about 50% to our population. Thus the housing market went nuts. 145k doesn't usually get you much. I looked at a LOT of shitholes before finding this place.

nice!!! My friend has a place like that but smaller out in the sticks. Pretty much the same shape, a little taller and a little narrower all around.

$150k ?! Holy mother of god, that's a lot of cash in land-rich Alaska.

Wow.. I mean, wow. My friend bought bought land a few miles outside of Juneau for a song and dance. Putting up modular log resort-sized cabin up there in 18 acres for $200k.

Juneau=Washington :p
Who the hell wants to live in Juneau? :D

Like I said, the housing market went nuts in the last few years. I looked at places in this price range that were half sunk into permafrost, so it was refreshing to find a place in our price range that wasn't completely dilapidated.

I want to move to the Aleutian islands. But I need a starship first.

It's in the makings. Slowly but surely. Once I can finish up this demonstration of electrical fields bending space (instead of the current notion that it distorts air) I'm set.

plus its all you need. why bother tryin to get a ballin house like B with 873209432 bedrooms and 389724940324 sq ft?

Back