klyph's new house (maybe)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Holy Mother of God! 145K?! :eek:
I just got my house in Aug. for 147k... brand new 3/2/2...
Best of luck to you! Hope that you get it!

plus its all you need. why bother tryin to get a ballin house like B with 873209432 bedrooms and 389724940324 sq ft?
Yup yup, it's just a starter home anyway, I probably won't be here any longer than 5 years. Build some decks, do some yardwork, refinance and build a garage, then flip it and buy something nicer.
It's okay, I wish I could afford the stuff you're looking at.
lol

what you get for 145k here:
REALTOR.com: Find a Home - Listing Detail
850 sq ft
falling down
built 100 years ago
.02 acres. thats like the size of my bathroom. lol
You know, we looked at a lot of places like that, only worse. Housing in CT looks like it's on par with the prices up here.

I don't know if I could handle CT. If I get this place, I will have 3 neighbors within 10 miles.
WIIIIIIDE OPEN SPAAYAACES!!!

plenty. what field? dratfing right? there's all kinds of architecutre firms around

You know, were it not for the ol' ball and chain, I'd probably move out of this god forsaken wasteland, but I'm already pretty well settled here. Probably stuck for life. :mellow:

Maybe someday I'll escape :ph34r:

I was just catching up on the cvcc build. Wanted to see your new digs...so what happened?

Where's the garage, BTW?

Just be glad you're not looking for housing in CA. You'd be lucky to get a house w/o wheels for 150k.

I was just catching up on the cvcc build. Wanted to see your new digs...so what happened?

Where's the garage, BTW?

Just be glad you're not looking for housing in CA. You'd be lucky to get a house w/o wheels for 150k.
Closing next week!!!!

Hey B, my closing costs boiled down to a whopping $1,800.00 :D:D:D

mine are $9750

eat me.
There were several reasons that they were so low.
It was for sale by owner, so no realtor fees/commision
I work for a company that does survey plot plans, well/septic inspections, engineers reports, elevation surveying, etc. so all that was free
Since I was covering everything listed above, I got the sellers to cover almost everything else.

Mine were 800... and the seller paid them. :)

Well, that includes the first mortgage payment, so I guess the actual "closing costs" were $600 :p
But I have to pay that.

:werd:

That's great! Congrats.

Can't wait to own my 1st home. Soooooo sick of renting...

Dude, if you can save up a couple grand and have a decent job, there's no reason you can't afford a cheap starter home. Renting is the worst financial decision ever.

Back