Knock Sensor AND AXEL

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

darwins_vtech

HI. I have a 99 JDM B16 SIR II into a 1993 Civic EX. I need a passenger side axel though. Now do I have to use a 1999 Civic SI or which type? Then to wire up the knock sensor so I don't have a check engine light, which spot on ecu does it plug into? This site says D3, but I have a wire that is already connected into D3? What do I have to do with that? All help is appreciated! :worthy:

Darin

You can use any 94+ B series passenger axle. On the knock, yes there is a wire at that spot in the harness, but on the P28 it doesn't do anything, when you plug in your P30, you should just be able to tap the wire that is there. What ECU are you using anyway?

First the axel, I got a 99' SI now, so that should work. then the wire. I want to use the P30 because that is the right one for the swap, but if it makes a check engine light go on, then I just want to use the EX ECU and have it chipped.thanks. let me know what you think is better.

Darin

the 99 SI axel doesn't work. IT just slips in the tranny, I can turn it easily with my hand. I am going to try a 95 acura integra axel. thanks
Darin

Originally posted by darwins_vtech@Jun 30 2003, 02:04 PM
the 99 SI axel doesn't work. IT just slips in the tranny, I can turn it easily with my hand. I am going to try a 95 acura integra axel. thanks
Darin

You're supposed to be able to turn it. If you're saying it is so small that it doesn't even touch the spline guides, then it isn't a B series axle.

Back