knock sensor code 23 PLEASE HELP!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-zak-

Hey guys, I just got finished with my swap, and just after driving it around getting into it, everything is fine. But, I hit the revlimiter in first and the CEL came on. I got it back home and it's the KS. I've searched all over these boards, but can't find anyone with my situation. I mean the second it hit the rev limiter it came on. Is this due to bad timing, faulty KS or KS wiring?I've verified the KS wiring from the plug to the ECU, reset the ECU and I'm still pulling the code. Did hitting the rev limiter destroy the sensor, or am I actually knocking?? If so what can be done to fix it?
btw I'm driving a 95 DX with a JDM B18C GSR motor.

I have the wire ran. I'm using my DX harness with a rywire.com subharness that included vtec solenoid, vtec oil pressure, extended o2, iab's and ks. It's in D3, and it doesn't come on right away, just after a bit of driving.

I had my friend come over and he's looking at this with me. We've got the CEL to clear but it keeps coming on. The timing seems to be alright, but here is the weird part. My friend doesn't seem to think i'm hitting VTEC. It's revving all the way up no problem, and it will for about 45 seconds or so but he says he doesn't hear it. I don't know personally because this is my first VTEC car. After about 45 seconds of driving the CEL comes on and it goes into limp mode. If I shut the car off, then restart it, the CEL goes off and it's out of limp mode, but still no VTEC. Once we get back to my place, it's always pulling Code 23, Knock Sensor. =/

Please if anyone has a clue, fill me in!

did you ground it??.. i know its supposed to be grounded also

Back