1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

knock sensor for p30 ecu

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by seanjuan, Jul 22, 2003.

1. seanjuan

seanjuan Senior Member

my old ecu was a P06 and I will be using a P30 with the b that is currently being put into my car. I've allready checked the wiring articles but there isn't any info about the pinouts of the p06 so I don't know if there are any wires left over that I could use as the wire for the knock sensor.

I'm trying to avoid running a wire through the firewall because I am lazy, I know it's easy I just don't want to do it. I have wired up many stereos and know exactly how to run wires through the firewall.... I just don't want to if I don't have to.

does anyone know if ther is a wire that goes from the ecu harness inside the car up to the ecu harness in the engine bay that I could use for the knock senso by just relocating where the pin is in the harness?

sorry if this is a confusing description, it makes sense to me but that as we all know "makes sense to me" is the start of many arguments

thanks
    Sean

2. calvin

calvin Senior Member

u can look at obd1 pin out from a p28/p30.
    But i have looked in my car(old ecu p06) their were no cables.
    Calvinh

3. AllMotorMonster

AllMotorMonster Senior Member

You will have to run wires to the ECU, there are no extra unused wires you can tap.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted