knock sensor help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SkyGuy

mankind can be stupid.
so i did a B17 swap into my delsol and im running a jdm p30 ecu (i know its jdm it came from japan with my jdm b16 head) so i wired the knock sensor into the ecu at pinout C2. the knock sensor was used but the guy said it worked when he took it out. Is there a way to test the knock sensor to see if its working or what can i do? i need to pass deq soon so is there a way i can by pass it for now?

whoops sorry thought i put that in. yes i do have a code 23. i checked the knock sensor this morning and it was loose, would that make it throw the code?

Did you ground the shielded wire? Second make sure that the pin in the ecu is in all the way. When I did mine I kept getting the same code. I went and rewired everything and when I got back to the uce I realized the pin wasnt all the way in.

what pin are you talking about.. im having kinda the same problem but i just installed a new knock sensor and reset the ecu... still code 23

The pin that goes into the ecu itself. When I put mine together the pin wasnt making contact with the ecu. As the shielded wire goes, one of the wires has a metal shield around it inside the plastic. Ill try and get a pic in the am.

Back