Knock sensor issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Since 1983

hey all, I just swapped a gsr motor into my del sol, The motor is a 12:1 compression motor with a light tune and its tuned to run on 93 octane, I drove the donor car to my shop to do so with zero issues, I swapped everything into my car and had 87 octane in the tank (about 1/4 tank) I threw in some fuel additive and drove it nicely to waste the existing fuel before refilling with 93 octane. I have now replaced the 87 octane with 93 octane and I am stilling getting this code, if I turn the car off then turn it back on it goes away, and if I drive the ca without hitting vtec I get no code, the instant vtec engages it throws the code, as I said the donor car dd not throw this code, ad I checked that cel too, it wasn't blown or anything. any ideas?

Have you tried backing off your ignition timing? To much advance ignition timing on high compression engines can cause pre ignition or detonation. :(

im running into this issue on a b16a in a 93 cx hatch as well thats in my shop. but we've only ran 93 octane and its not a high compression motor its pretty much a base b16 with a catback. not sure exactly what were doing to fix it as my buddy is working on it (his car) sooo we will see.

Back