knock sensor or code 23

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lakaicrxracer

hey what peeps i have a b16 swap and my ecu is throwing me a code 23 which is the one and only knock sensor. I dont know what the hell is wrong with my engine its very slow for me for a b16 i also have a vafc which my lil bro disconnected but i connected it back i dont know the settings or nothing. all i know is when i try to rev up my engine at about 4500rpms it goes off but this is while i drive. If feels like something is cloggin as well. when i just rev it a couple of times from like 4000 to 5000 rpms something feels like its clogged or something. but when the vtec kicks in at about 5200 and after its fine please help thanks lates

A knock sensor code retards the timing a shit load. This kills performance bad.

Eliminate the code, or suffer with the loss of power.

get a new ks, or make sure it's even plugged in. and if you don't know anything about tuning with the afc, just set all your fuel settings to 0%, that's your best bet. ks won't make your car run like shit, you're settings are probably fucked up on the afc.

anybody know how much a knock sensor costs??? how does it look like and if its not my ks thats making my car run like shit then what is it??? my vtec pops but i dont feel a pull. and its a crx my friend has a 4 door and his shit pulls but then again i dont know why i rev my engine to like 4500 up and down and i hear something clogging or air trapped or something please help im getting tired i know someone must know here thanks :feedback:

how much is a knock sensor??? how do you take it off i cant find it? oh yeah and can anyone tell me what the green sensor on the bottom of the vtec solenoid is called?? i thought that was the knock sensor thats why lol lates

Originally posted by lakaicrxracer@Dec 14 2004, 03:56 PM
how much is a knock sensor??? how do you take it off i cant find it? oh yeah and can anyone tell me what the green sensor on the bottom of the vtec solenoid is called?? i thought that was the knock sensor thats why lol lates
[post=432064]Quoted post[/post]​

that's your vtec pressure sensor by the vtec solenoid. teh ks is on the back of the block in the same area as your oil filter, oil pressure sensor, etc. it either as a black or green plastic plug on the end and ony has one wire going to it, it's towards the top of the block near the bottom of the intake manifold. there's a few on ebay right now for pretty cheap, check it out.

B16 swap and you don't know where the KS is? Chances are you didn't wire it, at all.

Don't replace it until you have wired it, rewired it, and triple checked it. The KS is sealed, and it's unlikely that it just "went bad". Normally, you'd either break it, miswire it, or have a faulty connection.

That, or chip a P28 and lose the KS.

Back