1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

knock sensor question

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by csan, Sep 13, 2003.

1. csan

csan Junior Member

I just put a 97 gsr motor in my 95 ex ad I used a del sol dohc computer. My problem is I get a check engine light as soon as I get to normal operating temp. It is giving a #23 knoc sensor. I cannot figure it out any suggestions will help

2. darwins_vtech

darwins_vtech Senior Member

did you hook up the knock sensor? They aren't on the stock 95'. You have to get the wire run and plugged into slot D3 (i think that is it. check the wiring guide of this site) That is the reason your throwing the code. Obviously you don't know what it is, it is a plug above the oil filter, under the intake mani. it is a single wire that you have to run and plug into the ecu.

Darin

3. csan

csan Junior Member

It is hooked up,I used the B18 harness so the plug was there for the sensor. I even switched knock sensors with a friend to see if mine was bad. That did not work.

4. darwins_vtech

darwins_vtech Senior Member

did you add the wire from the harness to the ecu??? the harness only connects where it does to the car (in the engine bay) the wire isn't run from that plug to the ECU. The 95 don't have that wire pre run. heck that.

Darin

5. MXDesa

MXDesa Senior Member

:withstupid: Just connecting a GSR wiring harness to the engine bay to ECU harness is not going to finish the job, you must wire it all the way to the ECU.

6. csan

csan Junior Member

Ok that the problem, is D3 the right pin to connect it to on the ecu?

7. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted