Knock Sensor Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondaflr

i have 1994 prelude, with p13 computer installed in 1995 accord. i am currently getting a knock sensor code on my cel. only problem i have with this is how is it detecting knock if my computer has no wire to knock pin out. ive read up on the forum about grounding the knock sensor, but if the knock sensor has no resistance value and only looks for ground. why do you guys say to ground knock. but my main concern is why is it throwing me a knock sensor code with nothing connected to that pinout.

If you don't have the KS hooked up, of course you are going to get a KS code. The ECU is looking for it and can't find it is it throws the code.

thats right. also, that is something your gonna want to fix if you ever want the engine to perform the way its supposed to. Right now your ecu is running as retarted (literally) as it can be.

i can see when i start up my car the computer should look for it, but it should throw me a check engine light right away shouldnt it? i can run my car for like and hour, cruise and no light, once i hit it or get to a certian rev, then it will turn the cel light on. i figure it should turn the light on right away detecting no knock sensor connection. and how can it detect there is no knock sensor when the computer is not looking for resitance. only ground? very weird

makes more sense now :D i shall install the new knock sensor and hope i dont have one of these p13's knock sensor problem after this thanks

Originally posted by hondaflr@Jul 12 2004, 12:22 AM
makes more sense now :D i shall install the new knock sensor and hope i dont have one of these p13's knock sensor problem after this thanks

I can tell you for a fact that the Knock code will not show up until your car is at full temperature. On a colder day, during normal driving, the code may not surface until you go on a longer drive.

Knock sensors suck donkey balls. I may be biased. :lol:

Back