Knock Sensor question...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tweeqdracer

Ok, so i have a 90 teg with a b16a1 in it.... it's been throwing CELs and i checked my ecu and it says it is a code 23 which is the knock sensor.... so, i need to know where it is on the engine... is it in the same place as on a b16a2? Also... my timing is perfect and i run 91 octane(of course) so my conclusion is a problem with the sensor itself... if it's a poor connection then that's an easy fix... if the sensor has gone soft then i need to replace it... now my second question is... where would i find one? The b16a1 wasnt produced in any USDM cars... so is it possible to get one off a different engine? I know that many parts are interchangeable between the B16A1 and the B16A2 and also between the B16A1 and the non-vtec B18 that used to be in my car... if it is necessary to get one specifically for the B16A1 then does anyone know a good place online to find that kind of a part... i've spent everyday at work looking and no luck... any help would be great... thanx....

Back