1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knock Sensor question...

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by tweeqdracer, Nov 3, 2004.

1. tweeqdracer

tweeqdracer Junior Member

Ok, so i have a 90 teg with a b16a1 in it.... it's been throwing CELs and i checked my ecu and it says it is a code 23 which is the knock sensor.... so, i need to know where it is on the engine... is it in the same place as on a b16a2? Also... my timing is perfect and i run 91 octane(of course) so my conclusion is a problem with the sensor itself... if it's a poor connection then that's an easy fix... if the sensor has gone soft then i need to replace it... now my second question is... where would i find one? The b16a1 wasnt produced in any USDM cars... so is it possible to get one off a different engine? I know that many parts are interchangeable between the B16A1 and the B16A2 and also between the B16A1 and the non-vtec B18 that used to be in my car... if it is necessary to get one specifically for the B16A1 then does anyone know a good place online to find that kind of a part... i've spent everyday at work looking and no luck... any help would be great... thanx....

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted