Knock sensor question.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MaXXuS

Whats up guys, I have fixed the VTEC problem I was having, now the computer throws a code 23 at me after the car is running for about 5 minutes. Now there are two things. First I looked at the pinout and there is one red wire going to B19, am I suppost to splice anything in to that? Secondly I read in another thread that the sensor could be loose as well, but I felt back there and it seemed okay. The car is running fine and vtec kicks in at about 5k rpms, but I keep getting this code. So my main question is, and I supposed to splice in to that red B19 wire?

::EDIT:: Update, Here is what happens after a little more driving. I turn the car on and it idles fine, I start driving, and push it hard to test it. Then I will drive normal, eventually after 5 mins or so, the knock sensor code will start flashing. I will turn the car off and start driving again and it will be gone for a while again, then eventually the code starts flashing. Another curiouse element is that when it starts to flash after a minute or so the car starts to sputter a little trembel and make a rumb-rumb-ruuumb, when you hit the gas. I could really use some help guys.

Last edited:
Okay, how bout this. I am underneath the car and the knock sensor is untouched, so how do I wire it to b19, do I splice the two sensor wires into one and wire that to b19??? Please help.

The knock sensor has a one pin, thus one wire connector. You can get a small female spade connector to stick into the knock sensor then run that to the knock sensor ECU pin.

The car runs like shit with a knock sensor code because the ECU pulls timing (alot of timing, like 10*+) which makes the motor feel sluggish.

The knock sensor has a one pin, thus one wire connector. You can get a small female spade connector to stick into the knock sensor then run that to the knock sensor ECU pin.

The car runs like shit with a knock sensor code because the ECU pulls timing (alot of timing, like 10*+) which makes the motor feel sluggish.

The plug that goes were the knock sensor is had two wires, I believe it was part of the RS harness. So I spliced the wires together and cut them into B19, everything works perfect now. Thanks for your help.

Back