knock sensor sir-II

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95 ex with a sir-II running a jdm p30 ecu, it throwing a 23 code,knock is hooked up but maybe it has a bad connection or defective sensor. How much does it effect the performance of the eng. It still pulls hard, but when I fix it should I notice any change in perfomance. what percentage of and increase?

I have the same problem, not sure of the cause yet
I know my wiring is good but I think the conection at the ECU might not be making good contact

my thoughts on the effect on performance is this....

the usdm b16a's don't have a knock sensor and have ten less HP and 5 less ft-lbs
the advantage that the JDM b16a has with the knock sensor is that it can advance the ignition timing to the edge of knocking to get more horsepower.... so without the KS working (cel 23) it most likely sends the ECU into "usdm" mode I don't know if that causes us to lose 10hp because it doesn't feel like there is much of a loss at all but I'm sure we lose something

I would try everything else possible before buying a new KS because they are spending and most likely not the source of your problem

let me know if you get yours fixed
I've been lazy and haven't done shit with it lately

good luck

Back