knock sensor wiring...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok i was reading up somewhere and i found that....i may have a wire in the d03 pin and it may just be grounded somewhere correct, if you read my topic about this before you remember i told you there was a wire in the pin....if in that case would i just pull the wire from the pin and run a wire from the plug to the ecu?

Quoted post[/post]]
yes
you see....before i was so damn confused why there was a wire in the pin but not wired to the sensor, nobody told me the wire could have been grounded somewhere...where do you think the wire would be grounded at...in the engine bay or right off the ecu/inside the car somewhere...thanks for not flaming me because of a simple question on something new to me

another question...i read that vtec wont engage unless the KS is wired or grounded from the ecu....in the case that it is grounded, will that throw the CEL...

um hold on.....ground.....no....the wire goes to the sensor behind the engine block....and the s4nsor is the ground....only one wire from the ecu to the sensor.....sorry...i did not read that right.....

okay.....extend that wire throught the firewall and attach it to the sensor....problem solve.....

yea easy to say...but where does that wire run to...??? it shouldn't matter huh..because nothing else would work plugged into the knock sensor pin right?

it runs from the ecu pin....to the sensor....refer to the pics estorvito took for you

Quoted post[/post]]
it runs from the ecu pin....to the sensor....refer to the pics estorvito took for you
ok...you have no idea what i am asking right now....there is a wire in the pin already...if i cut that what will happen...would it be running to something already?

just splice the wire in like speakers..but use solder around the connection ....and wrap....or just go to a mechanic

the answer is "Nothing Important". Form is right. Cut the wire, run it to the sensor. Problem solved.

ok so i wired it up...but im still getting the code..i spliced it into the wiring harness but i'm still getting the code..could the knock sensor be bad..or i wired it to the wrong wire???
i am going to try and wire it straight to the ecu now...

a1 a3 and so on... make sure you are counting the spaces right
a2 a4

Back