KNOCK SENSOR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drew

ok do civic dx y-7 have an knock sensor on them

nope the d series did not have a knock sensor, though i cannot confirm that the d17s do not have a knock sensor, but I doubt they do.

i have a 93 ex that i put a 00b16a2 in. Does this meen i will need to wire for knock sensor.. When i did the swap, i had a left over plug on the right side of the engine bay near where the resister box would sit on older civics. We just plugged that right into my knock sensor.. but , according to my other posts for my speedometer not working all the time and losing power during exceleration this could be my problem? ?

A D16Y8 does have a knock sensor !!!! I believe any motor with vtec had a knock sensor. I could be wrong on the vtec issue, but I went through 3 knock sensors and some timing adjustments before I could pass emissions on my 99 Civic EX (D16Y8)...

dude, what ECU are you running... thats all that matters.

ok.. i will admit, i have no fucking clue about obd2 ecus. now you need to find someone that does and see if that ecu requires a knock sensor.

Originally posted by drew@May 13 2004, 01:50 PM
p2p a31 96 ex ecu mini me swap

yes, this ecu WILL look for a KS.

All 92-95 SOHC & SOHC VTEC engines do NOT have a KS.

All 96-01 EX engines DO have a KS; All non-vtec SOHC engines do NOT have KS's.

Back