knock sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arroshiz

i was just wondering what exactly the engine would do w/out a knock sensor, like how much can it affect the normal drivin of the vehicle...i have just finished my swap and i've been drivin my car for about a week w/out a knock sensor, i've just ordered one today...it drives normal but seems to lag at times and seems to run rough at times, i was wonderin if the knock sensor could cause all this

yup- cuz the ecu expects it. it does no damage to it though- it just cuts timing cuz it doesnt know wtf to do without the reading

It would involve hondata or such, he was just making you aware. And trying another example so you could under stand more of how shit works

say you have a chipped ecu and a ks but dont know if your ecu needs it or not but have a cel 23(ks)

alright i got my sensor and i had already had it wired, and i think i have it wired right but i wanted to make sure, i wired it to D3 on the p61, but i wasnt sure if there was another wire or if it changed somewhere at a junction, the car runs better but still lags off and on, i was thinkin i might not have it wired right or have it tight enough or something, any suggestions?

Back