knocking and clicking noise when i turn

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96ekhb

Im guessin I have some bad bushings somewhere. theres a loud noise that almost sounds like something is loose or ratling around when i go over a bump on the drivers side. and then theres another noise on the passenger side, maybe both hard to tell, when i turn right. any ideas?

oh yea its a 94 civic cp ex.

Thanks for the help

Check the cv joint boots and make sure there is grease in them. I have bought remanufactured axels with the boots for ~$80.

It costs less to just buy new axles than to rebuild the bad CV joints.

When you buy new axles, most come with life time warrenties. It is worth it to buy from autozone or the like and be able to replace them if you screw them up again. I.e. i had a friend that broke a few from having a poorly setup suspension with the car lowered. but he got many at no cost

Quoted post[/post]]
When you buy new axles, most come with life time warrenties. It is worth it to buy from autozone or the like and be able to replace them if you screw them up again. I.e. i had a friend that broke a few from having a poorly setup suspension with the car lowered. but he got many at no cost

I wonder if this is the krinkly wierd noise I've been hearing since I put on those H&R springs. I took apart the entire bumper area today and made sure there was nothing in or around it that could make that sound, and put a lot of new screws and washers on it when I put it back together. It's still doing it. I wonder if lowering it fucked up the way the parts of the axles mate together? Fuckin springs.

Well, my problem turned out to be not the axles, but the lower control arm bushings. So I ordered some new ones today and hopefully they'll be here in the next couple days.

Back