knowledge on engine building?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88sohcnonvtec

Hey im just starting to build my motor and was reading about how motors have better rod/stroke ratios or something?I was just wondering how do you determine what is good?Do longer rods provide more torque or something along the lines of that? Or is there a book i can read up on this. I really want to know how and why parts make a car fas and not just call up a shop and ask them to give me there best parts and not know what the hell is going on. Thanks in advance for what ever replys i may get..

longer rods break faster,power in hondas rely's on what setup your using

like block,head,pistons,and tuning

so what are you building,what are you building it for,and what is your budget

well im building a d16a6, goals are to have a all around street car practically,im mainly building it for autox so all motor is the way i want to go.and budget is a minimum wage job lol

Well, it sounds like you just want a spirited DD that can take some corners.

Bolt ons, maybe some headwork and valvetrain, a good tune, and you'll be golden. Also, if you're going to autocross, look into a performance driving school. That alone will help your times around the track substantially.

yea its my daily drive,not too long ago i bought a cam for my d series from bullfrog,its the stage 1,any recomendations on what i should do before installing?

and are there any books i can read to help me out more on building motors or knowing whats good and not?

but when i do upgrade the cam,what should i do?mill the head?or anything like that?

Back