Konig VS Rota

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
Looking to get my rims/tires soon for my civic coupe. Stuck between Rota c8's & Konig Heliums.
(15x6.5 or 7)
Konigs are lighter & cheaper.
They both look similiar.
Any particular one better quality. I heard of a few times people having problems with Konig.

Whats the deal guys?

Quoted post[/post]]
Looking to get my rims/tires soon for my civic coupe. Stuck between Rota c8's & Konig Heliums.
(15x6.5 or 7)
They both look similiar.
Any particular one better quality. I heard of a few times people having problems with Konig.

Whats the deal guys?
I had some Konig's before and I never had a problem with them. I hit some crazy bumps out here in cali with them and they never once got bent or anything.

I was going to say go with the Rotas because I could of swore they were the lighter of the two.

JLBMotorsports is having a deal on a set of Konig Heliums w/ 195/50/15 Hankook K106 for $645 shipped. I'd rather have falken azenis but are these tires any good or the deal itself? For a 15 x 6.5, wouldn't a 205/45/15 be better? Probably more expensive though...

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
(15x6.5 or 7)
They both look similiar.

Whats the deal guys?
I had some Konig's before and I never had a problem with them. I hit some crazy bumps out here in cali with them and they never once got bent or anything.

I was going to say go with the Rotas because I could of swore they were the lighter of the two.

Konigs I believe are 10.9 & C8's 12

Wh0a@prices.. Check around locally dude, i got my rota slips (knockoffs,but all brand new) with F-Azenis for $550 mounted and balanced...
I'll ask my buddy, he has some rims for sale that are brand new, i think they're the red Rota GT3s though...

Wow, thats not bad compared to what I see online. I might have to check around locally but most of the time I find everything cheaper online but downside being shipping costs. Yea let me know whats the deal. Didn't really want gt3s though but either way, PM me.

Anyone else?

Also, whats is the proper size for a 92-95 civic coupe for 15's 205/50/15 ?
Suggestions on tire size?

I went thru like 4 valve steams on my old konig wheels. I tried 2 different types of valve stems.

I would be driving down the road then out of no where hear a faint hissing sound..... oh shit not again!!!!!...

to this day I still have no idea why it went thru valve stems.

airjockie had heliums on his CRX, one of them broke due to a pothole.

i curbed my rota c-10's when i got hit by the crx in the winter, FUCKED 2 spokes and 1/2 the lip but they are still straight and hold air fine :)

Wow, not looking good for Konigs. HEH, thx. ^ Any comments/suggestions on tires/size?

Heliums are bottom of the line , remember.

If you want some real treats check out the Motegi / Pep boyz rip offs of them. Maybe .5 pound heavier, same exact look and they cost $45 each. It's like the Wagon Wheel of the import world.

Thx Cal. I was thinking about going 205/45/15 but I think they'll be too hard to find or too expensive. Probably too thin too.

Quoted post[/post]]
Thx Cal. I was thinking about going 205/45/15 but I think they'll be too hard to find or too expensive. Probably too thin too.

The only 205/45 tires I've seen that were easy to buy were my Nitto drag radials... and even Nitto stopped making that size a while back. 205/45 is too short anyway. 205/50 is already shorter than the 96-00 EX and 99-00 Si stock tires, while 195/55 is a perfect match. 195/50 is a perfect match for the 92-95 D series transmission.

Quoted post[/post]]
oops, sorry for the dyslexic moment

:thumbsup:

At your pricepoint, and the fact that you're looking at 1 piece aluminum rims, it doesn't matter what company you go with. They're all the same shit. Konig, Enkei, Rota, Motegi, Eagle Alloys ... same shit, diffrent manufacturer. Just find a style and weight you like, and go with them.

When you start talking about 2 and 3 piece rims, then you really get what you pay for. That's when I'd go for Volk, BBS, OZ, or something along those lines.

Opinions on a good all around street tire. tread life, performance, price, not horrible in the rain, so on...

I was gonna just run the falken azenis's but I haven't really kept up on tires nor experimented.

I loved my heliums, never had a problem. Looked great light weight, and if it came down to it cheap enough to replace if anything happened to it. and I used 205/50/15 azenis both 215's and 615's.

Back