Kony 2012

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

invisibledemon

Bored
VIP
has anybody else seen this?
friend just linked me to it on fb, thought it was a pretty damn good video.

KONY 2012 on Vimeo

cant get it to embed. click the link.

What surprises me the most is how ignorant people are in general as to what goes on in Africa. It has been a terrible place for longer than any of us have been alive. I understand the message they are trying to get out but it seems to me the most devout followers of this movement are the same ones who protested Iraq. We are either the world police or we are not. People get fired up about any conflict that does impact our intrest could you imagine the outrage that would stem from US troops killing children in Africa. Really they shoud have been appealing to the UN oh nevermind we are the UN? I agree with the idea of riding the world of these evil sadistic bastards but this half in half out nonsense is one of the biggest issues in getting it done. We either go and get these people which means shooting children or we simply keep sending aid workers in to hand out rice which in turn leads to both the aidmworker and rice being stolen.

I really do think this campaign puts across a good point. That if enough people want something for the better of the next generation, and they all show it, and push for it, things can be accomplished. Powerful message, and I'm in full support of it. I'm not a hippie, or whatever you may come up with, I just believe that these people have been living in fear for far too long, and this really could put a stop to it there.

I didn't see any Norwegians or Amish people in those conflicts. Interesting.

I think this is just their nature. If I were an oppressed Ugandan, I would either pick up a rifle, or just start walking.

Sam Kinison still had a point - Get out of the fucking desert (AHH AHHHHH AHHHHH) We have more than these people not Columbus (Or whoever) just found it here - We built it. And we (The rest of the world) fought to hold on to it. It can be done.

I feel not the slightest pity for these people. And as far as the movie, I did see a rather large list of people also on the "Worst Criminals" list. The maker of this movie is a horrible, ignorant, and self-centered (As he calls us for ignoring the plight) to the struggles that those others place on their countrymen.

"Feh. This is what guns were invented for." - The Book of Browning

what i dont understand is why we continue to help these other nations, when our nation has so much internal conflict it isnt even funny.

let them fucking starve and kill themselves. plenty of starving people at home that rice could feed.

NK wants to blow up SK? great. let them. less of our own dying in a wasteful conflict.

I do agree with you. I am not anti war per say, but with the amount of money we spend on war we could have done a lot more for our country. We should be helping ourselves first, then worry about other nations. Just like most of us would take care of our own families first.

I guess my issue with it is the premise. It seems like the developed world has bought into this notion that if we yell and scream on the internet we can change the world. Well we can stratigize and share information but why did Egypt turn around? Their military sided with the rebels. What happened with Libya? Some cats made some tweets and posted to facebook picked up their Kalishnikov and made war in the cities and slums of Libya. Facebook did not go out and die in their streets. Twitter did not carry their dead children through the city dodging bullets and RPGs so they could be buried in a shallow grave. War is a terrible terrible thing and it seems to me that a great number of people in the developed war cheapin this by thinking clicking like or share on a social network most of the afflicted have never heard of is some how doing their part in the battle against tyranny. Awareness and information are excellent tools in combating these kinds of people but what it really comes down to are boots on the ground executing

Edit: I think facebook and twitter are much more effective tools in the developed world where there are some what functional workable governments. I dont want to discount the whole idea to much but in the case of third world countries i think the evaluation of the utility of it is way over blown.

Last edited:
did no one else notice that they want to do their whole revolution thing on 4/20? lol. a bunch of hippies rallying together for some cause on 4/20...

but the video is good. my only problem is that when they "get him", theres hundreds more doing the same thing and/or lined up to take over, and its not going to really change anything.

well, personally i thought the 420 thing was kinda lame. stupid date, and probably not going to be effective.

police forces are going to be full swing on that night to prevent the vandalism.

but, as cel stated, that was a long list of criminals on there, but you gotta start somewhere right? no point in looking at it and saying "theres too many, just let it be"
might as well start either at the top and work down, or the bottom and work up.

and i personally see this as being in our interest, when you have a part of the world being run like this, naturally the people are going to want to leave, if they can, and they will end up here a lot of the time.
so, the same people that cry about accepting all the immigrants when we cant afford our own, are most likely the ones that dont care to help fix the problem.

im willing to bet if any of us went there our views would change once its experienced and seen first hand.
now, trying to avoid casualties while catching the guy is not a way i would do it.
yes, his army is young, but they are a threat. and while i believe that a lot could be brought back, they are mostly scarred and not the same people they were before, so, they shouldnt be a concern.
war is war, and if you arent going into with that mentalily, nothing will be accomplished.
you cant fight guns with hugs.

but, i liked the video, main reason for posting it. it had a lot of good points, and information that i had not known before. never heard of the guy.

Unti we are not 15-odd trillion in debt, we cannot afford to help other countries.

America first, hippies.

431724_2834598510334_1420320264_32207837_1364515244_n.jpg

oh lame, guess thats why the original is on vimeo lol

edit, the original vid is on youtube still. hmm i smell a conspiracy...

I read a few articles about the charity that made this video. It seems they are not all that transparent as to how they spend their money and what not. It also seems they donate a fair amount of money directly to the Ugandan military and they are not much better than the guy they are after.

Well whatever this "charity" is doing is working because my facebook news feed has been blowing up with this shit.

Every part of me wants to call out all of the dumb broads and attention whores that repost this shit and create events to "make a difference." If you really wanted to make a difference, you'd be on a plane headed for Uganda, not sitting in your office chair or plastering your city with posters.

International war is something that affects us. Throughout Germany's conquest of Europe, we didn't do anything. Then when it came time, it pulled us in against an enemy that was very powerful. Allied forces won that war, but it was very close to losing.

People like NK and SK, If SK falls then NK won't stop. In fact, NK wants Japan dead more than anything. Do you think it's in our interest to stand with Japan ?

As far as African warlords, there will ALWAYS be a warlord there. That's what that area is. A bunch of animals. If we perform a US-style liberation, imagine those people here or abroad - I'm pretty sure not a stinking one of those creatures is a Nobel Prize waiting to happen.

Back