Kony 2012

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

430001_10150653208768997_746528996_9299303_1658574934_n.jpg

I feel like everything you post now has more legitimacy to it since you added that new avatar. I mean, I read your words, which are normally pretty sensible. But on top of that, there you are with finger pointed, stern look on your face, just driving the point home!

A person who is the center of attention in a Circle Jerk. Usually on his or his knees pivoting around to service the circle jerkers.
Part of a jerk circle, the pivot man is responsible for walking around the outside of the jerk circle and massaging the participants balls.

:huh:

"Usually on his or his knees"

I guess you copy/pasted from a Greek site.

You love circle jerks or being the pivot man? :ph34r:

Both maybe... :ph34r::ph34r:.

This thread was derailed btw lmao.

My take on this whole thing? Who gives a fuck. It's never going to change until people there change their mindset. It's not up to America, we're not the world police. We have plenty of our own issues to worry about, like the cattle that are doing their best to run this country so that it supports their greedy interests.

Last edited:

Interesting piece of trivia: the "General Butt Naked" guy that is referenced is a real person, and he's about 100 times more terrifying than Joseph Kony: General Butt Naked - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. This guy actually worshipped the devil, and to prepare for battle he would get drunk and high, murder children, and drink their blood and eat their hearts. And then he would run in to battle with nothing but his AK and his tennis shoes on, hence his nickname. Oh, and apparently he's killed about 20,000 people, give or take a few.

So why is nobody screaming for this guy's head? I'll tell you why...

I read a few articles about the charity that made this video. It seems they are not all that transparent as to how they spend their money and what not. It also seems they donate a fair amount of money directly to the Ugandan military and they are not much better than the guy they are after.

BINGO! Invisible Children is very sketchy. Basically, these three chodes decided in 2003 that they wanted to change the world somehow. So they jumped on a plane to Africa with no frickin' clue as to what they would find or do. They wandered around a bit and eventually made their way to Uganda, where they heard about Joseph Kony and his child army, so they decided that this would be their cause, and they made a video about it. And that's what they've been doing ever since, making videos about Joseph Kony.

The main problem here, is that Joseph Kony isn't even in Uganda anymore. Shortly after these guys visited Africa, the Ugandan army successfully kicked Kony out. There have been a few flare ups with him since then, but for the most part, him and his army have been beaten down and he spends his time hiding out in the Congo.

So yeah, basically these guys gained noteriety with their 2003 video, and they've just been riding that train ever since. They each take about a 90 grand per year salary and the vast majority of their "charity's" budget goes to salaries and making videos as opposed to anything actually resembling relief efforts in Africa. AND, their "solution" to the problem has always been to support the Ugandan army's efforts to hunt this guy down. And in case you aren't aware, the Ugandan army has a reputation for doing a little raping, pillaging, and murdering of it's own.

More info here: www.visiblechildren.com

This most recent video (Kony 2012) ABSOLUTELY over-simplifies and misrepresents the current situation in Africa. As others pointed out, there's a shit ton of Josephy Konys over there; Invisible Children just has a hard-on for this guy because he's proven that he can line their pockets.

And sadly, idiots all across the nation are lapping this shit up without bothering to look in to it... :shrug2:

Yup. 11 other countries in Africa use child soldiers. The correct response to this problem is:

Executive Outcomes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Send in bad men to get rid of worse men. Worked in Sierra Leone for a long time until they caught flack from the international community and dissolved. Sure, mercenaries cost money, but as seen in the previous example, they are quicker, cheaper, and ultimately more effective than a conventional war.

SlushboxTeggy said:
Yup. 11 other countries in Africa use child soldiers. The correct response to this problem is:

Executive Outcomes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Send in bad men to get rid of worse men. Worked in Sierra Leone for a long time until they caught flack from the international community and dissolved. Sure, mercenaries cost money, but as seen in the previous example, they are quicker, cheaper, and ultimately more effective than a conventional war.

Im trying to remember the documentary that talked about executive outcomes. Ill edit my post when i remeber. It was a very interesting look at PMCs. Robert Young Pelton has written an excellent book on the subject called Licsensed to Kill. The opening part of the book talks about some African kids chasing a guy down and killing him, cutting the persons head off and they offered it to him as a trophey.

Name of the movie is Shadow Company.

Last edited:
Back