Korbach Frame Locks for 92-95 civic: helpful tips

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

confusatron

Tips for the install:

1. The most important thing is to buy brand new drill bits, preferably made of Cobalt. Don't do what I did and fight with used bits to try and get them to bore through. In the end I had to go out and buy new bits after all, because the old bits just wouldn't go through.

2. I don't know if they exist, but I couldn't find a 5/8" bit for a 3/8" chuck drill, so I had to borrow my friends 1/2" chuck drill and buy a 5/8" bit for that.

3. Triple check that your brackets are flush and lined up perfectly before you start drilling. One of mine slipped slightly when I started drilling, and it threw off my pilot holes. It was a fixable problem, but made the job take a hell of a lot longer.

4. You will want to remove the huge black air resonator thing under your passenger side fenderwell. You WILL NOT be able to drill the holes with that piece of shit in the way. It's kind of a bitch to remove, you basically have to unbolt it in two or three places, then pull, pull, pull, and pull some more. It's a pain, but if you pull on it just right, it will eventually pop off. I tossed mine, and I noticed no difference in the way the stock air intake sounds, nor did I notice any difference in performance. All I could see it doing was preventing sucking in water if you drove thru a puddle, and forcing your engine to suck hot air from the engine compartment. If that's your thing, put it back on when you're done, if not...

I took the car out for a ride after the install, and I wasn't really blown away. The car does feel slightly stiffer, but I don't know if that's my imagination or not, that's how slight the difference is. Turning definitely feels tighter, more precise. And in high speed curves, it feels a little more controlled. That's about it. Was it worth the $180 I paid? No. In my opinion, these two tiny flimsy metal brackets are worth maybe $50. I was hoping for a lot more appreciable changes for that kind of money. I coulda got a sway bar that would have made a much more dramatic difference in handling. Oh well.

Anyone else have an opinion on this product besides the one at the top of this forum section? Because maybe my car's just a worn out piece of shit, and on a EG that isn't beat up, the frame locks will make a better difference in handling. I don't know.

Back