kryptonite bike locks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Those barrell locks are USUALLY hard to pick, you need a special lockpick to get them open. Looks like Kryptonite dosen't use quality locks though. :)

and who's to say that lock wasn't fucked with before the video was shot.

Fuck man, that is wack, that is the exact same bike lock I have, and I paid like 70 bucks for the thing. I am going to try this out, and see if this is really true.

Update: Fuck this really is true, I just tried it out, and it is legit. I just forwarded this movie file to Krytonite.

It took me about 15 mins to crack the lock the first time, and about a minute, and now I can do it in just under a minute everytime. I am pissed off.

Originally posted by Callidus@Sep 17 2004, 05:49 PM
piece of shit motherfucking lock. that sucks. i was about to go buy one for my bike. fuck that
[post=391686]Quoted post[/post]​

I paid I think 39 for it and have only used it once.....

Anyone want a lock half price? first 20 takes it!

Now, for those barrels, do you have to normally turn the key, or does it just kind of snap on. Because my krypto lock doesn't just snap closed like that one did. you actually have to turn the key to open it, then make sure it is open to put the lock back on, then turn the key to lock it again. I'll have to try it. Knowing me I won't get it. You better hope you have someone like me trying to steal your bike. :)

I saw that in the paper today...i was wondering how long it would be untill i saw a vid of it in action.

i guess there's my answer. :shrug2:

nice job genius!

WooWOooooOOo, free bikes for everyone!!!!!

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Sep 18 2004, 01:06 AM
Now, for those barrels, do you have to normally turn the key, or does it just kind of snap on. Because my krypto lock doesn't just snap closed like that one did. you actually have to turn the key to open it, then make sure it is open to put the lock back on, then turn the key to lock it again. I'll have to try it. Knowing me I won't get it. You better hope you have someone like me trying to steal your bike. :)
[post=391787]Quoted post[/post]​

You have to push and turn. Damn. I've got 4 Kryptonite locks- never had a problem with them or a stolen bike from using one. I guess I'll have to try this out and see if it works.

Originally posted by MikeBergy+Sep 18 2004, 08:59 AM-->
@Sep 18 2004, 07:39 AM
[post=391848]Quoted post[/post]​

I got dibs on eric's bike. :)
[post=391874]Quoted post[/post]​

Shit man the theives had first dibs on them, as that is the lock I use to lock my bikes up at night. I lock them up to the sweage pipe in the garage. Now however I bought a fucking heavy duty chain at a local construction supply store. I also bought a nylon chain cover so that I do not scratch the bikes either. Plus then I bought a solid key open "extra" heavy duty master lock. All of these things were way over priced, and hopfully will keep everything locked down.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer+Sep 19 2004, 04:34 PM-->
Originally posted by MikeBergy@Sep 18 2004, 08:59 AM
92b16vx
@Sep 18 2004, 07:39 AM
[post=391848]Quoted post[/post]​

I got dibs on eric's bike. :)
[post=391874]Quoted post[/post]​

Shit man the theives had first dibs on them, as that is the lock I use to lock my bikes up at night. I lock them up to the sweage pipe in the garage. Now however I bought a fucking heavy duty chain at a local construction supply store. I also bought a nylon chain cover so that I do not scratch the bikes either. Plus then I bought a solid key open "extra" heavy duty master lock. All of these things were way over priced, and hopfully will keep everything locked down.
[post=392294]Quoted post[/post]​

Okay, I tried it and it wouldn't work. The bid pen was too small of a diameter to fit in the hole. Is there something I was doing wrong? I knew I was too stupid to be a thief.

I used a pen from my school is is a bic round stick grip, that says CSUMB, I used the back end of it, and pulled the top off of it.

Back