kyb agx shock settings?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lude9593

aight, next week while i'm on spring break i'm putting my car in the shop and putting my exedy clutch and lightweight flywheel in. if all goes well, i will hopefully have time to install my bushing kit and agx's and eibach sportlines. do any of ya'll have suggestions or experience with these shock settings? i don't know whether to keep all 4 corners the same or go softer on the front and stiffer in the rear. let me know what ya think and if you have any other suggestions on installation of the other parts feel free to help me out.

i think i had mine on 3 front and 4 rear when i had them on my del sol

but just play around with it.. i doubt you'll notice a huge difference

Mine were on 2/2 for normal driving, and then I would crank it up to 4/4 for the twisties.

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 2 2005, 09:42 AM
Mine were on 2/2 for normal driving, and then I would crank it up to 4/4 for the twisties.
[post=468193]Quoted post[/post]​

That's what I do. 4/4 is great for hard driving, but way too bouncy for everyday cruising. I like 2/2 for my daily setup.

2/2 is a good daily driver, gives a somewhat sporty feel, 1/1 is a good freeway driver, good for those long distance drives. 3/3 is good for local drives as it tends to get bumpy, but fun in the corners, 4/4 is rough, but very nice in the twisties, now if you want different combos, 2/1 is good(front 2 and 1 rear) now a good one for the track or drag is a 4/3 or a 4/2, it keep the front down and helps the rear to stay in place. it's really all about playing with it and figuring out whats best, now all cars are different, this is what i do one my 92 civic hatch. for a prelude, it could be totally different. good luck yo

Back