KYB AGX shocks any good? And What Setting?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IIpower

Hello I was wondering if the KTB AGX adjustable shocks are good? Also what adjustment setting on the damper is a good one (both front and rear)? How long do these usually last? Anyone had any experience with these shocks?

AGX's FTW!!!!!!

On a street driven vehicle, you cant go wrong. Ive got em on my 240. I use setting 1 all around . . whatever that is.

Sure they can take mild abuse (ocassional trips to the ol 1320 strip & hard street driving) but I would use something more durable for a track application.

kyb agx are a GREAT starter track/autox shock. if you get better and outgrow them, then upgrade and sell. they have a lifetime warranty.

i have them on my mirage. they have been great for two years. sabrina has them on the back of her 240sx. they work great.

AGX :thumbsup:

hmm lifetime warrenty? how does that work? also how does the adjustment settings work on the shocks? the fronts are 1-4 and the rears are 1-8. what is the best setting for daily driving and what do they mean?

Set them all to 1 and drive around, set them all to 4 (or 8) and drive around. Decide which way you like it better and go from there. "Best" setting is going to change from butt to butt, however, it should say whether stiffness goes from 1-4 or 4-1.

they are a good set for a budget. if you are just using it for daily driving, then you are good to go. you may eventually want to upgrade to coilovers if you are going to do some serious driving.

They're a good, cheap, strut but I'm more partial to the Tokico D specs if they're available for your car.

They're less than konis and have a lot of the same features and just as good quality.

i have them on my accord...very great ride...i say go with the kyb agx...are you lowering the car or keeping the factory springs on there?

I have them on my CRX and they're very bouncy. I'm running stock vavled AGX's with ground control coilovers: 350lb/in springs in front and 200lb/in springs in back. I like them well enough and I autoX on them ever few weeks, but if you have the cash, I've heard the Tokico Illuminas are a much better shock.

1 (softest) to 4/8 (hardest)

remember, 4g/5g mirages are 2-3hundred lbs lighter than EGs.

lifetime warranty. you blow one out, you call KYB and they send you a new one, you send them the blown one back. if you dont, they will charge you for it eventually.

been there, done that. never got charged, though :)

on a 91 CRX , I've got KYB AGX's paired up with Neuspeed Sport Springs. Not a single complaint here

Remember however that if you put coilovers on them you void the warentee. Just something to think about. I figured that they were cheap enough and when I blew them I'd just buy Konis.

Quoted post[/post]]
1 (softest) to 4/8 (hardest)

remember, 4g/5g mirages are 2-3hundred lbs lighter than EGs.

lifetime warranty. you blow one out, you call KYB and they send you a new one, you send them the blown one back. if you dont, they will charge you for it eventually.

been there, done that. never got charged, though :)

Do you need any proof or purchase or nething? Cause Im buying these from my friend that he bought and never used. He has the receipt from TireRack.com though.

I think that the warenty is only valid to the original purchaser, but you should definatly look into that. Call up KYB or email one of their represntatives. Comes on man, do a little research!

its a good steet shock, i usually change my setting one a month, this month i'm on 4, and i really dig it for corners, but its can be a bit on the rough side, not bounce though. i've noticed its more bouncy on the softest setting, but its feels as bouncy as a stock spring anyways. agx ftw!

Citizen_Insane said:
I think that the warenty is only valid to the original purchaser, but you should definatly look into that. Call up KYB or email one of their represntatives. Comes on man, do a little research!

not that i know of. like i said. they ask for payment info in case you dont send them back the busted shock.

I'm currently running KYB AGXs with Neuspeed sport springs. "1" setting at all four corners for street, "3" at all four corners for spirited driving.

Absolutely amazing. Highly recomended.

Back