KYB AGX Shocks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Good for a slightly modded Si? Yes no?

I got some ebay coilovers and I'm going to drop the car no more than 1.5".

I hear good then bad then good then bad again on KYBs.

70 bucks a piece isn't bad?

Pros? Cons?

How about the KYB GR2s?

Last edited:
:yes:

I loved my AGXs.

70 each is an awesome price, but are you buying used? You can get them for about $320-340 shipped new for a set.

GR-2s are only about 15% stiffer than stock, so for higher spring rates, they won't last too long. I'm still happy with all my GR-2 cars though. If you can afford the AGXs, get them.

AGX's are a good starter shock I suppose. I have always heard Koni are better. I prefer full coilovers. But I have heard good things about the AGXs. I'd definitely go for em over the non adjustable GR-2s.

I mean full coilovers aren't really that expensive are they? Omnipower, Ksport, etc. are around $800.

This'll be my first suspension setup. I'm not ready to blow 800+ on koni yellows and GCs... that's the setup I really would like to try. Yeah... ok, send links of Koni's and GCs for 300 blah blah. lol

I have ebay coilovers for 50 and I bought the GR2s for 282. I'll see how they do.

I just want to get the car lowered. Don't need the best for now.

on my friend's CRX now. makes it feel like a new car (thank god...my back was starting to hurt)

I have them on my hatch with tanabe gf210 springs and love'em too!

honestly, i'd keep the stock springs with the upgraded shocks over 'ebay' coilovers.

your ride is going to be bouncy

Neuspeed springs: $200.
KYB AGXs: $350
Add a couple of sway bars and an few energy suspension bushings in choice locations: $250.
(Choice locations being everything that touches the sway bars, and the rear trailing arm bushings at minimum.)

Great suspension for $800. entirely "doable"

(you thought this was going to be a mastercard ripoff, didn't you)

We'll see. Really didn't want to spend 800 on my suspension right at this moment. I got nothin but time with my car, I'll rip it back out if I don't like them.

well yeah you could do the bushings first

Well what'd ya know. Came home to take a shitter and my KYBs were chillen' out on the front porch.

Got a knock on the door while I was shittin' and the mailman dropped off my coilover kit.

Good timing. We'll see just how bouncy the car gets here in a few weeks.

Back