1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kyb gr2 vs tokico hp

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by 95preludetypes, Sep 7, 2004.

1. 95preludetypes

95preludetypes Member

i have a 95 prelude im going to put tien springs. im having trouble with what shocks to buy. i want a mid range good handling shock these are the 2 i found in my price range thanks for your help.

2. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

Tokico, IMO, is better than KYB.

3. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

I wouldn't buy the gr2's if they are lowering springs, the gr2's are a great replacement for better han stock, but not good for a lowered car or large spring rates.

4. 95preludetypes

95preludetypes Member

what shocks are good for 1.3" lowering springs.

5. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

kyb agx and other shocks that are similiar to that designlike tokico alimina's I believe.

6. non-stop

non-stop Member

They are both very comparable, I personally have the GR2 but will be going with koni's next week.

7. civicext

civicext Member

well i am runnuing kyb's in the rear and tokico in the front... they work very good together witch shocked me but the tokico in the front brow to easy so i am runing kyb allaround on my car witch i have yet to have a problem with them like i did the tokico's... but tokico dos make a good set of struts to there stuff is very good stuff i may of gotten a bad set too..
    but jan of next yr i switching over to tein stuff give me some time ill tell you guy how they are B) :ph34r:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted