KYB Shocks/Struts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4DRB16A

Will these shocks/struts fit my 91 Civic Four Door, and if someone has these are they pretty good. I want something that has my same ride quality I have now If not a little better. And I am debating on if I should get some springs to go with it but I dont want to lower it and feel every bump in the road. So what do you guys think?

Thanks!!!

Which KYB shocks? Google em, you should be able to find some that fit your car. If you get the AGX adjustable shocks, you will have some control over how soft or stiff your car rides. The GR2s are closer to OEM ride quality, but slightly stiffer.

Quoted post[/post]]
Which KYB shocks? Google em, you should be able to find some that fit your car. If you get the AGX adjustable shocks, you will have some control over how soft or stiff your car rides. The GR2s are closer to OEM ride quality, but slightly stiffer.

So I guess my question is would it be worth the extra $100 for the AGX, and would it be fine on my stock springs?

Thanks!

One more question I promise:

After I get my struts/shocks I want to get front and rear sway bars. Will anyone from a 90-91 civic/crx fit my four door?

Thanks!!

I have no idea about the swaybars, but as for the shocks, it depends if the adjustability is worth it to you. I don't plan on buying adjustables because I can't see myself adjusting them constantly, or even at all for that matter.

I bought the AGX adjustables for the fact that I don't know if I will like the settings that the shocks come with. That way I can make them softer if they're too hard, or harder if they're too soft, and leave them there. I don't to any autocross racing, so they will be set at the same damping all the time. I just like the idea of being able to choose as opposed to being stuck with whatever they give me. I've heard that the GR2s are kinda stiff, so I wouldnt' want to be stuck with something I may not like.

I paid a total of like $315 for the 4 shocks with shipping. If you want the link of the place I got them from, the seller's name is kybwarehouse on ebay. Unfortunately for some odd reason they don't have any items available for sale at the moment. I'm sure that's gotta be temporary. I'll post the link if their store comes back up this weekend.

Quoted post[/post]]
I bought the AGX adjustables for the fact that I don't know if I will like the settings that the shocks come with. That way I can make them softer if they're too hard, or harder if they're too soft, and leave them there. I don't to any autocross racing, so they will be set at the same damping all the time. I just like the idea of being able to choose as opposed to being stuck with whatever they give me. I've heard that the GR2s are kinda stiff, so I wouldnt' want to be stuck with something I may not like.

I paid a total of like $315 for the 4 shocks with shipping. If you want the link of the place I got them from, the seller's name is kybwarehouse on ebay. Unfortunately for some odd reason they don't have any items available for sale at the moment. I'm sure that's gotta be temporary. I'll post the link if their store comes back up this weekend.

Ok I have a few questions. Did you install the shocks/struts yourself or did you take it to a shop? And if you take it to a shop how much did they charge to install?

And how do you adjust the shocks do you have to do it manually or is there something setup like a button or something that you can adjust it that way?

Thanks!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Ok I have a few questions. Did you install the shocks/struts yourself or did you take it to a shop? And if you take it to a shop how much did they charge to install?

And how do you adjust the shocks do you have to do it manually or is there something setup like a button or something that you can adjust it that way?

Thanks!

Its a diy project for sure. struts/springs are easy. And the adjustment comes up through the shock tower, and you adjust them from the top. Well, thats how most of em are, I have seen a few with a knob on the strut body itself..

+1 for Eibachs on AGX's. Thats what I run, and I'm very happy. Had HP coilovers and GC's before, switches to progressive-rate springs and never looked back.

Quoted post[/post]]

Thanks!

I just got my H&R springs in the mail Friday, and I wiill be paying to have the shocks and springs installed. The shop near me quoted me at $325 labor, but I may take it to a local mechanic I know who willl most likely do it for at least a hundred bucks less. Most of the AGXs adjust manually with a flathead screwdriver on the top of the strut while it is on your car. There is a big slot in the metal piston that sticks out of the body of the shock on mine. I assume that is what will be poking thru the hole in the shock tower once they are installed.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Thanks!

I just got my H&R springs in the mail Friday, and I wiill be paying to have the shocks and springs installed. The shop near me quoted me at $325 labor, but I may take it to a local mechanic I know who willl most likely do it for at least a hundred bucks less. Most of the AGXs adjust manually with a flathead screwdriver on the top of the strut while it is on your car. There is a big slot in the metal piston that sticks out of the body of the shock on mine. I assume that is what will be poking thru the hole in the shock tower once they are installed.

I was wanting to know if it would be fine to go ahead and get this suspension setup and then later on say in like 3-4 months to get some new tires/wheels?

Thanks@

why wouldn't it? Your suspension setup doesn't affect your wheels/tires....

I'm just confused why you asked.

Anyway abou the shocks: You should install them yourself. It's easy. 4(6 if you include the brake line ones) bolts up front and 4 in back (on either side). The only issues you could have is if your bushings were as rusted and fucked up as mine. I was forced to cut my old shocks off of my car and then rip out the bushings. If you are putting springs on your new shocks (as opposed to coilovers) then you need to get a spring compressor, O'Reily's Auto parts or AutoZone will rent one to you for free.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Thanks!

$325 :blink:
Haha, do it youeself dude, its not that hard, get a spring compressor. I remembered i asked for a quote somewhere near me, like a rice shop, and they would of charged $100 or less to put on springs on my civic.

Quoted post[/post]]
Its a diy project for sure. struts/springs are easy. And the adjustment comes up through the shock tower, and you adjust them from the top. Well, thats how most of em are, I have seen a few with a knob on the strut body itself..

The rear AGX's have the knob on the strut body.

I have AGX's with some no-name springs . . . rides real good eventhough I keep em on the hardest setting.

Back