L.A sues makers of GTA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

We don't wanna portray LA as a gangland cesspool where crime reigns supreme, people die and hookers roam. No, god no.

wtf?

mature 17+ vs adult only 18+

how fucking gay

and i'm not sure on the sex scenes but wasn't it not part of the original game?
it was in the code but pulled from normal game play right?
don't you need a cheat to get to it?

you need to modify your console in order to see it on consoles, on the PC, it was hacked/modded, that's how they found out it was CODED in, but never itended to be seen on ANY platform, it sounds like they were just lazy and left it in...Time to buy stocks in Take Two Interactive after all of this is done, they will be at all time lows :)

Yep. It took a 3rd party modder to unlock it on PC and then they figured out how to do it on PS2.

This whole situation blows my mind it's so goddamn stupid.

If they didn't want LA to be portrayed badly maybe they should clean up their fucking image by ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING other than picking on a videogame!

i dunno about the lazy factor

everygame has a shit load of inactive code that they cut before final release...
i know there is a shit load of text that was cut before they released GTA...

and i don't think LA's lawsuit has anything at all to do with the city's image...
its all about the company misleading the ratings board and making false claims to get the game sold in stores that would not normally carry it...

this is complete bullshit...
your normal user is not going to be able to unlock these scenes, especially unintentionally...
and has anyone even seen the scenes?
i've seen more action on sesame street

"The lawsuit demands that Take-Two and Rockstar Games, the subsidiary behind "Grand Theft Auto," one of the best-selling in video game franchises history, stop marketing the games to children"

Last time i checked M was for 17+. So by making it for people 17+ they are marketing it to children...? Don't really see how that works out.

the age of 17 is considered being a minor and thus a child by law. an adult is considered being 18 years old and up.

i blame the parents in actuallity for buying the game for the kids. kid plays game alot, parent comes in to watch the child playing the game and sees the child shooting people, stealing cars and punching hookers in the game. parents get mad and want to sue the video game developer because they didnt read the game rating on the damn box in the first place when they went to buy it. its the parents fault for not reading the rating and they have no one to blame but themselves for letting their child play it.

Quoted post[/post]]
the age of 17 is considered being a minor and thus a child by law. an adult is considered being 18 years old and up.

i blame the parents in actuallity for buying the game for the kids. kid plays game alot, parent comes in to watch the child playing the game and sees the child shooting people, stealing cars and punching hookers in the game. parents get mad and want to sue the video game developer because they didnt read the game rating on the damn box in the first place when they went to buy it. its the parents fault for not reading the rating and they have no one to blame but themselves for letting their child play it.

ive always heard 17 being considered young adult? :shrug2:

I agree completely with the parent thing. They need to take responsibilty for what they are buying for their kids and not blame others when they screwed up.

waaaa waaaa waaaaa

it's ok if your kids run around killing other people in a game, but god forbid they should see a sex scene.

Here's an idea: Be a fucking parent and don't let your kid play the game.

IF you're 17 and not having sex.... and lots of it... Only then is there something wrong.

Quoted post[/post]]
IF you're 17 and not having sex.... and lots of it... Only then is there something wrong.
:laugh:

Ok, so I have to think about this. From a lawsuit stand point they are going to find FOR L.A. and Take-Two is going to go the shitter....

from a gamer stand point this is awesome. Why? Cuz in about a year, they are going release another one.... and there is going to be so much sex,violence, and assorted crimes it would make charles manson blush.

Anyone remember the mother that bought it, and then sued when her 13 yr old son found the scenes. "found"

Anyone ACTUALLY know what it takes to get into those scenes? I say the kids gets a medal and the mother spends the next 50 years in a cell. Why, cuz she was dumb enough to sue a game company.

I would put L.A. in a jail, but I dont think that I could do anything worse to them, that they arent already doing to themselves.

This whole thing is a joke. Next person to sue a game company for ANYTHING gets 20 yrs... next 40 yrs... eventually these fuckers will figure out how to raise a child and stop being so fucking put off by the thing THAT GAVE THEM THAT CHILD!

FUCK PEOPLE! FUCK!.... or as steve says... LOTS OF IT!

Back