l.e.d. headlight bulbs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

uptownsamcv

yea seriously. i don't see those things emitting much light at all. not even close to what a stock halogen would. now audi has led headlamps in production that actually do work though.

Audi R8 gets first full LED headlamps - Autoblog

First full-LED headlamp for the Audi R8
  • 54 high-performance LEDs provide all lighting functions
  • Color similar to daylight offers advantages at night
  • Innovative lighting technology as an option
Ingolstadt – Effective immediately, the range of equipment available for the Audi R8 sports car now also includes the first full-LED headlamp. In addition to the daytime running light which now features 24 LEDs per headlamp, light-emitting diodes are also used for the turn signals, the low-beam and the high-beam headlights. The €3,590 option rounds out the list of equipment available for the high-tech, mid-engine sports car

97789039mg1.png

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/30/audi-r8-gets-first-full-led-headlamps/

i wa sjust kinda curious abotu them. i have thsi tiny led flashlight i baught at an advanced auto parts store and it has 9 tiny led's and uses 3 aaa bateries and its real real powerfull and has the look and brightness of hid, and it only cost $2.50 for the best flash light i ever had and its keychain sized. so i was thinking a led headlight bulb that would hit the reflector good would be pretty powerfull. if i wasnt broke i would buy them and check it out. even though my crx came with those cheap ebay projectos and i drive around with the high beams aimed low.

Last edited:
isn't the throw on LED light pretty short? just curious how they do over distance...

Yes, a friend has some on his car has to ride around with his high's on to see anything farther than like 20 feet infront of him

Back