Lambo door kit help..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

orosco

I have a 94 integra with a lambo kit. Well the driver side hinge cracked, so i need a new drivers side kit...The problem was is that my interior door panels are Carbon fiber which weighs about 25lbs more than the stock panel..Does anyone know which company makes the very best kits..I had a VDC kit..I need something thats heavy duty like on the SUV's and I only need the drivers side..I dont want to spend money for the whole kit (drivers/pass sides)....If anyone can direct me somewhere let me know..I know there are some expensive kits out there that will work..I saw one on MTV's pimp my ride yesterday but i forgot the companys name..
thanks guys

Forget it guys..I just found a sick kit on the net...Its like 2K, but it goes a full 90 degrees up and it holds 300lbs, which is double thta of the decah kits..This kit is also motorized with a remote...It also comes with a lifetime warranty, so im going for it...
thanks

yeah, i think lambos are kinda silly, but hey, I'd love to see how they install :)

:bash:

the only cool lambo kits are on these really sweet cars i never see around here......... oh what were they called............. oh yeah.....

LAMBROGHINIS

and call me crazy, but shouldnt carbon fiber door panels be like a gajillion times lighter than the stock ones? or did you just get crappy carbon fiber.

lambo door kits are such a pain in the ass.
bolt on kits my ass.
we put one on my friends nsx, and after we did that, I will never install the kit on a car ever or even recommend it.
they do look good when done. but to many problems,
struts wear out to fast, can easy be knocked out of alignment.

Yeah I thought it was odd that you said the "carbon fiber" was 25lbs heavier when it should be lighter than even fiberglass I believe. Must be fake carbonfiber. Also, you mentioned that you didnt want to spend a lot then you said you were gonna get a kit for 2k.....??? Well I hope it works out for ya and if ya don't go with the $2000 kit I would pick up a set of tenrai hinges. You can find them on ebay. A guy selling them has over 100 positive feedback on just those, so they must work pretty well. Also, from what I saw of the tenrai kit you can add extra shocks to handle increased weight, however there were some reports of people putting the max (3 shocks) on 1 hinge and then not being strong enough to close the door. Good luck with whatever ya do and give us some pics bro!! :D

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Apr 6 2005, 03:20 AM

the only cool lambo kits are on these really sweet cars i never see around here......... oh what were they called............. oh yeah.....

LAMBROGHINIS

and call me crazy, but shouldnt carbon fiber door panels be like a gajillion times lighter than the stock ones? or did you just get crappy carbon fiber.
[post=483544]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by acourt+Apr 15 2005, 08:19 PM-->
Smonkeyboy
@Apr 6 2005, 03:20 AM

LAMBROGHINIS

and call me crazy, but shouldnt carbon fiber door panels be like a gajillion times lighter than the stock ones?  or did you just get crappy carbon fiber.
[post=483544]Quoted post[/post]​

[post=487676]Quoted post[/post]​

unfortunatly my neighbor actually has a real lambo and it makes me feel really ....different as my car is a 91 rex.

i cant remember the name of the kit, but when installing, you don't have to take the door off, and it will hold up to 600lbs i think, and its garenteed to never break, i'll look into it, i know though it will cost you about $5k though

Back