Laptop hard drive compatibility

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

totalburnout

VIP
Can you guys tell me what I need to make a SATA drive fit into my sister's computer.

People on nasioc are saying that this is just an adapter sleeve on a SATA drive. The drive itself is marked SATA, but I don't see anyway to take the connection off.

The issue is I have two laptops with two toasted drives.

My laptop is an IDE connection, but I was stupid and didn't physically open the computer before I ordered a hard drive. Based on the info. I found online and that I was told, I ordered a SATA drive.

Therefore I have a drive right now that I cannot use in my computer.

I have another computer with a drive marked SATA on it, but the connection looks entirely different than a usual SATA connection. I'm told on nasioc that its a SATA drive with an adapter sleeve on it. If this is the case, I want to know how I can take the sleeve off the drive pictured and put it on the band new SATA drive that is not pictured.

prongsju0.jpg

harddrivelabelff0.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

dude it says it right on the drive its SERIAL ATA, your friends at NASIOC are fucking stupid. thats why they drive subarus.

just go buy an IDE drive. they are two different platforms. you cant get a SATA riser card in a laptop like you can in a desktop PC.

if you look at the diagram on the drive you can see the connector is different from what is actually on the drive, and therefor slides off..

Back