larger "STOCK" fuel rail?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

78civic

Hey, I was a thinkin again, and what about just 'gun-drilling' the stock fuelrail to a larger opening (ID)?
It looks to be thick enough for alot bigger ID..
Would help those in stealth mode too.
Thoughts??

I never really thought that an 1/8" or more would help cause it still has to make a 90 into the female injector hole in the rail and doesn't get any bigger, it's just the volume of the fuel being pumped to that rail. Right?

E

Well when you start crankin up the duty cycle or just runnin bigger injectors, you need more fuel in the rail to keep em from runnin dry.

That's understood. Just basic hydraulics.
What I'm sayin is why pay the expense for a high dollar piece when you could just make the inside larger to supply the larger amount to the injector bosses.
And offering a better alternative Idear..

E

Ahh, I guess its just that most ppl dont have the means to do that themselves. I could see someone with a rail in a bench vise, goin at it with a hand drill and 3 inch long bit that hasnt been sharp enough to do its job in 20 years.

It's very possible and makes sense but most of those guys that run aftermarket fuel rail also run aftermarket filters and pumps which use a different fittings; and there's guys with external FPRs.

Back