1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Larger wheels raise car?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by marek, May 1, 2005.

1. marek

marek Junior Member

So i lowered my car on tein s-techs and am now putting kyb shocks on them. But i still have the stock 14's that come with the car {well i think they are 14's} my friend told me that if i get 16's it will raise the car a little, is this true?

2. wanderinman

wanderinman Senior Member

It wont as long as you get the right sized tire. As you get a bigger wheel, your going to have to go more low profile on the tire... check out this site to see what you should be running.

3. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

exactly, if you got 16s with the same profile tire then your car would be raised.

4. 92dxhatch

92dxhatch Senior Member

i went from 13's to 16's and my tire size is the same, you should be okay. if you go 16's try a 205/40/R16 or 205/45/R16, good luck

5. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

booo, go 37" mud boggers!

You have to keep the same ratio. Other things to consider (other then the car looking retarded with normal profile tires on 15-17's) is when you go to a bigger tire that isn't the same (realitive) diameter is your speedometer will read alot slower then what you are actually going. Same thing if you get a lower profile tire ratio then your OEM wheels, your speedometer will read faster then what your going.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted