Larger wheels raise car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

marek

So i lowered my car on tein s-techs and am now putting kyb shocks on them. But i still have the stock 14's that come with the car {well i think they are 14's} my friend told me that if i get 16's it will raise the car a little, is this true?

It wont as long as you get the right sized tire. As you get a bigger wheel, your going to have to go more low profile on the tire... check out this site to see what you should be running.

i went from 13's to 16's and my tire size is the same, you should be okay. if you go 16's try a 205/40/R16 or 205/45/R16, good luck

booo, go 37" mud boggers!

You have to keep the same ratio. Other things to consider (other then the car looking retarded with normal profile tires on 15-17's) is when you go to a bigger tire that isn't the same (realitive) diameter is your speedometer will read alot slower then what you are actually going. Same thing if you get a lower profile tire ratio then your OEM wheels, your speedometer will read faster then what your going.

Back