Lasik Procedure, yes or no?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I've heard good and bad. Personally, I'd give 'em a few more years of R&D. They are advancing by leaps and bounds.

My mom at one time, worked for a private eye doctor. This was a brand new operation and it was only bladed. It was 5k an eye, and if you had astigmatism, you couldnt get it done. I do, and it halted me from getting it done for free :) with my moms employee discount. The price quote was 650-1300 an eye. So i could walk away paying 15-1600 total. So i will see what the prescreening says on friday.

Been considering it myself. Over the past 5 years my vision only decreased slightly. My right eye is slightly worse than my left eye, but my prescription now is only slightly stronger than it was.

That doesnt stop you now. Cornial thickness... would be the only thing i could say may be the case.

It's usually not recommended to get Lasik with an astigmatism. Just depends on the severity.

:werd: Yep. My brother finally got glasses, he's got an astigmatism in one eye that causes double vision. The glasses really only help to correct the double vision when he gets it and they help to clarify smaller print further away, otherwise he doesn't need them at all. He was asking about lasik and since his eyes aren't that bad at all, they told him it wouldn't be worth it, and he might get denied simply because of the astigmatism.

I'm like your bro. I actually don't wear glasses anymore, I lost 'em and never got new ones.

:p

What's weird is both my parents have had glasses since a little kid as with boths dies of my grandparents. myself and my two older brothers 29 and 30, have perfect vision.

Not sure how that happened.

You got dyslexia instead.

Shit that's not even dyslexia... that's just an all out fuck up.

my mom used to be legally blind since she was a kid. She had scarlet fever back in like the second grade and it killed her vison. With her glasses, (which were like coke bottles) she could function basicly normal. She would buy an alarm clock with the biggest numbers offered, and in the morning, she still couldn't see it unless she found her glasses. She finally decided to have it done about 5 years ago. After the surgery, she noticed an instant improvement. For the next month she had 20/20 vision and was amazed. However, after a little bit, her eye changed slightly and had to either go with some glasses (but not nearly as strong as she had) or do the procedure again. About 2 years later she went in for a tune up, but even with the inconvience of having to do the procedure again, she loves the change.

do a shit ton of research
do not decide based on price
get a ton of information about the places that you consider
see what they say about if you need to come back in a few years to get it redone
talk to the doctor who will be doing the procedure ... get a feel for him/her
see what method they use to determine your prescription (eye chart and an educated guess... or do they take an actual light wave map of your eye)

there is way more to it than that even

this is a decent sight to start off at LASIK & Laser Eye Surgery - A Consumer Guide

if there is ANYTHING that you do not understand fully.... research the hell out of it... make sure that you understand... you should be all over google and wikipiedia when you are going through that page... and when you are done with that page you should have found no less than 3 others that yu will be doing research on after that... this is not a car that you are buying.... this is your fucking eyes

ill say it again DO NOT GO TO THE LOWEST BIDDER... this is your fucking eyes.... shop around to see who you feel is the BEST... then save untill you can afford them

Back